Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#41218 by murphy
Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:25 pm
Try entering the entire number first and then press the dial button.
#41222 by herman_d
Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:54 pm
murphy wrote:Try entering the entire number first and then press the dial button.

Still the same problem, I still can't hear. In the time call is picked up (my assumption) there's a tick sound and the Hold and Mute button appear in the handset but there's no sound anymore after that.

Is that the Telo handset cause the issue? I'm going to get a new non telo phone.
#41229 by Groundhound
Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:28 pm
herman_d wrote:Yes, I've set it to Maximum. And I can hear the dial tone, the problem is:
- When press on the Dial button (green) and I can hear the Ooma dial tone
- After enter the number to be dialled and press the Dial button again, the phone that I dial to is ringing but at the Ooma handset I can't hear ringing tone.

herman_d wrote:
murphy wrote:Try entering the entire number first and then press the dial button.

Still the same problem, I still can't hear. In the time call is picked up (my assumption) there's a tick sound and the Hold and Mute button appear in the handset but there's no sound anymore after that.

Is that the Telo handset cause the issue? I'm going to get a new non telo phone.

In your previous post before murphy's, it sounded like you were pressing the green dial button once to hear a dial tone, then entering the number, then pressing the green button again. If so this will put the first call on hold and open the second line, so you won't hear the first call go through. What murphy advised was to not press the green button before entering the number. Only press the green button once, after you enter the number.
#41258 by herman_d
Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:23 pm
Groundhound wrote:
herman_d wrote:Yes, I've set it to Maximum. And I can hear the dial tone, the problem is:
- When press on the Dial button (green) and I can hear the Ooma dial tone
- After enter the number to be dialled and press the Dial button again, the phone that I dial to is ringing but at the Ooma handset I can't hear ringing tone.

herman_d wrote:

In your previous post before murphy's, it sounded like you were pressing the green dial button once to hear a dial tone, then entering the number, then pressing the green button again. If so this will put the first call on hold and open the second line, so you won't hear the first call go through. What murphy advised was to not press the green button before entering the number. Only press the green button once, after you enter the number.

Yes, I'm following Murphy's advice to enter the number and follow by press the green button. But it still having the same issue which I can't hear.

I tried to call my Ooma Telo and the Ooma Telo handset is ringing, when I pickup the phone then it's disconnected (tut.. tut.. tut.. tone).
#41405 by herman_d
Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:43 pm
After trying with the new phone with the same problem, I tried to switch to the Comcast leased modem Motorola SBU5100. And now everything are up. So in my asumption, the NetGear Wireless Router cause the issue.

Thanks for all your kind support.