Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#41073 by herman_d
Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:40 pm
Hi Ooma,

I just bought Ooma Telo and its handset from costco. It was interesting and I'm really excited to own this product.
But after went throught the installation, it seems like everything work fine, I see the blue light on the Ooma Telo logo, I can hear the dial tone from my Ooma handset, I can hear the ringtone when Ooma is ringing.
But I can hear the voice of the person that I'm calling to.

My configuration is:

(Cable+Router+Wireless (Netgear)) -> Ooma Telo via LAN Port.

What's wrong in my installation?

I've tried to call Ooma Technical Support for a while, but it seems like no free agent to serve me.

I'm really need to have this up or I'd rather return it back to costco

Thanks and regards,
Herman
#41077 by murphy
Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:48 pm
Has it been connected to the internet long enough for it to download and install the latest firmware?
Look on the handset menu for Information.
Select it and tell us what the Version number is.
If it's not 32829, it's not up to date and you will have to wait until is.
Do not panic if you see the lights start flashing, let it sit until it comes back to all blue lights.
#41139 by herman_d
Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:06 pm
Hi Murphy,

Yes, it has been connected to the internet while ago since Thursday. And yes the latest firmware has been updated:
Version: 32829
PTCL14W20091228
FTCL15N20091228

I've checked the internet connection is good

Do you know where is the problem is?
#41145 by murphy
Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:51 am
herman_d wrote:Hi Murphy,

Yes, it has been connected to the internet while ago since Thursday. And yes the latest firmware has been updated:
PTCL14W20091228
FTCL15N20091228

Those are strange numbers. I am on Comcast and have what I believe is their minimum advertised package. It is 12 down and 2 up. I consistently measure 4 up and 14 to 20 down. The only time that I had low down numbers was when my old modem was overheating. It was a Scientific Atlanta WebSTAR DPC2100.

You could also compare with Comcast's speed test at

http://speedtest.comcast.net

Here are my results via a "g" type wireless link, which is not the best way to do the test.

http://results.speedtest.comcast.net/re ... 157262.png
#41190 by herman_d
Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:50 pm
murphy wrote:
herman_d wrote:Hi Murphy,

PTCL14W20091228
FTCL15N20091228

Those are strange numbers. I am on Comcast and have what I believe is their minimum advertised package. It is 12 down and 2 up. I consistently measure 4 up and 14 to 20 down. The only time that I had low down numbers was when my old modem was overheating. It was a Scientific Atlanta WebSTAR DPC2100.

You could also compare with Comcast's speed test at

http://speedtest.comcast.net

Here are my results via a "g" type wireless link, which is not the best way to do the test.

http://results.speedtest.comcast.net/re ... 157262.png

Ok. here's I got it Image
Do you see with 10Mbps cause this issue?

Actually I'm trying to find out where's the problem is, since I'm using NetGear CG814WG V2 wireless router, and the Ooma is connected to this router via LAN Port.
#41199 by Groundhound
Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:21 pm
herman_d wrote:
Groundhound wrote:Do you have a wired phone to plug into the Telo's phone port to test?

No, I don't. I'm using Ooma Telo handset.
Will that be cause the issue?

It would help determine if the problem is with the Telo Handset or not, if you could test on a different phone.
#41210 by The Talker
Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:17 pm
I know this will sound really silly simple but sometimes it's the simple that we overlook:
On your Handset:
Menu>Sound Settings>EarPiece volume>then select a higher value
I think default is 2.
Choice will be:
Minimum 1, 2, 3, 4, Maxium
#41217 by herman_d
Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:22 pm
The Talker wrote:I know this will sound really silly simple but sometimes it's the simple that we overlook:
On your Handset:
Menu>Sound Settings>EarPiece volume>then select a higher value
I think default is 2.
Choice will be:
Minimum 1, 2, 3, 4, Maxium

Yes, I've set it to Maximum. And I can hear the dial tone, the problem is:
- When press on the Dial button (green) and I can hear the Ooma dial tone
- After enter the number to be dialled and press the Dial button again, the phone that I dial to is ringing but at the Ooma handset I can't hear ringing tone.

Will that the problem on Ooma handset?