Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#40560 by rjsnau
Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm
I need some help and am hoping to understand what is going on. I have a qwest DSL modem with built in wireless. My current config is modem=> hub=> ooma => desktop so the wireless is going around the ooma device. To compensate I have QOS turned on the modem to prioritize the wireless traffic. The issue I have is that the ooma device does not show up on the modem to configure the QOS. All I have is my desktop (192.168.0.5) When I go to ooma setup it has 172.27.35.1 for the IP address but I don't see that anywhere on my modem. I would ideally like to move the desktop to the hub and let the modem QOS handle the traffic but when I do that the desktop dosn't connect. Any ideas/help? What is the 172.27.35.1 IP address? Can I set QOS to this?

Thanks!
#40562 by rjsnau
Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm
Wait, I made a mistake... the desktop ip is 172.27.35.65 when behind the ooma device. When I plug the desktop into the hub it tries to grab the 192.168.0.5 address which I think the ooma may somehow be using. When I try to manually set the IP it still dosnt work..
#40563 by tommies
Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:27 pm
in ooma setup, 172,27,35,1 is the ip of the HOME port,

what you need is the ip of the MODEM/INTERNET port, you can spot this ip in ooma setup Status page on the MODEM line
Network
MODEM: Connected : [192.168.0.x]
HOME: Disconnected
Ooma Tunnel: Connected

This is the ip address you need to configure QoS for.

PS
Make sure that you change the telo MODEM port MAC to use its build in value