Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#40515 by moku160
Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:32 pm
I dont know if anyone else is experiencing this, but my caller Id is unreadable about 50% of the time. Sometimes the numbers come through fine, and sometimes its just gray rectangular boxes. I checked my call logs and all the numbers look fine there.

Anyone else experiencing this? If it always happened i would assume that its just not working with my cordless phones, but it only happens some of the time.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
#41007 by amoney
Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:48 am
I also read around that integration with home wiring can have issues (particularly with different makes of phones), essentially if I have this correct (I probably have the wording wrong), some phones particularly stand alone phones dont get enough "power" and the caller ID does not get through. A nice mutihandset system is the way to go.

Landlines have a relatively strong current and can "power" many handsets, length of phone line not an issue, but with the Telo is may very well be.
#41030 by moku160
Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:06 am
Thank you for the info.

Yes I have a telo and I am using a multi handset unit. I will try a different phone though and see if the problem lies in the phone.

Thanks