Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#40472 by jcandali
Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am
I just got an ooma telo this past weekend to replace the VoIP service from my cable company. I had a couple of ports forwarded on my router (22 and 3129) and I'd like to have that same functionality. My router, an apple time capsule, doesn't do QoS so I put the telo in between my modem and my router and put my routers IP in the telo's dmz. This should make any open port on my router available to external connections but it doesn't. I can SSH into my home computer (port 22) but port 3129 (squid proxy) isn't open. 3129 doesn't even show up in a port scan. I've tried using the port forwarding on the telo to explicitly forward 3129 to my routers IP but that doesn't work either. Does anyone know if the telo's DMZ is actually functioning properly? From my perspective it doesn't look like it is.

My telo is currently running Rev: 1.32342. I don't know what the voice quality is going to be like if I put the telo behind the router but right now I think that's the only viable solution since the DMZ feature isn't really working properly.