Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#2304 by Lianarosa
Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:17 pm
Ooma times out???? Help! I installed my hub with a working DSL & Landline connection...everything worked great. Recenty I changed to Comcast cable internet & no landline. I reset my wireless router & connected everything the way they are supposed to be connected. However, even though my hub checks in ok, turns blue, and works fine along with my modem and wireless, some time after it's been connected it just turns red and of course I loose phone and internet on my computer. Now, this happens sometimes within an hour, two, or three after it's been working fine, sometimes overnight. I don't understand!

I work from Monday-Friday and haven't been able to talk to tech support and today I wasn't home. Maybe someone out there can help?.
#2318 by Bobby B
Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:13 am
How is your ooma Hub connected to your Internet connection? Is it connected directly to the modem or wireless router? How long does the Hub blink red before it goes to blue? Are your computers connected behind the ooma Hub (e.g. connected to the HOME port)?
#2330 by Lianarosa
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:19 pm
Originally I connected it the way the instructions say to connect it. Modem > OOMA > Wireless Routher > Computers
Then, I changed the hub to connect after the wireless (as a computer).
This didn't work either. So, currently I have it connected just [Modem > OOMA > Computer] to see how it does. I left it like that around 3 hours ago and I don't know if it's still up, but when I get home I will update you.

It blinks for about a little less than a minute before it goes blue, and you can here a clicking sound as if it found a connection and everything works perfect, until.....?????
#3367 by Lianarosa
Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:01 pm
Well, for everyones information, the solution to my problem was that my Comcast modem was bad and for some reason kept dropping the connection even though it would tell me in the computer that I still had a connection, and if that's not confusing enough, I could still get on the internect with the pc, but I guess as far as the Ooma was concerned, it probably wasn't able to reconnect itself once the connection fell. It was like asking for a million dollars to get these guys to change my modem, but they finally did, and after that I HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY OOMA, and I LOVE IT! NO BILLS, NO LONG DISTANCE, NO WORRY! :o) :o> ;o}