Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#92364 by kenpfeil
Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:50 am
Same issue here. 2 numbers setup. Primary (781 area code), secondary (845 area code). Dialing out is not a problem, calls complete and display 781 number on the caller ID. However, when you try to dial the 781 number you will get a "not in service" or "not in service or disconnected" (from any land line or cell). Dialing the secondary number works fine. There was no number port involved in this, and TNid says both numbers are assigned to Ooma. Ooma support (online and via their limited phone technical support) were useless in resolving this because when they dial from *their* phone it works. "Can you reboot that and call us back?", and "Sounds like a bandwidth issue" Umm.. the secondary number work fine. Even my 8 year old will tell you that wouldn't be the casue for obvious reasons. So, after being dropped by TS, here I am asking a forum for help. Maybe they should put some of that VC to work hiring competent TS people or at least training them on how to do something other than tell you to reboot or "sending a signal". Can anyone say "MagicJack?"
#92365 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:02 am
kenpfeil:
8xx Toll Free Number Calling Problem (Sometimes Hear Fast Busy)

By valleybill:
You now must not have caller ID blocking. If you do, then dial *82 before a toll free call.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12455&start=40

By ehl1:
1) The issue has been found to relate to Caller ID blocking - and my setting was indeed set to block my caller ID on outgoing calls. We switched off that feature, rebooted the Ooma Telo, and lo and behold, ALL 800 #s went through first try, no issue(!)

2) In addition, it was reported that even with the caller ID blocking active, if you wait 5-10 seconds after the fast busy, the call apparently does connect (I never tried this and still haven't)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12455&start=30

Next if that doesn’t work:
Try calling with a *99 in front of the number for the Oomo Hub.
Try Calling with a *99, *98 or *96 in front of the number if you have an Ooma Telo.
Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

If that doesn't work, remove power from the Ooma device for 20 minutes and then test. You may have to repeat this procedure up to three times.

dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset

Go into My Ooma and make sure that the digit dialling at https://my.ooma.com/system is enabled.
#92366 by kenpfeil
Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:17 am
Hi Tbird,

Thanks for the advice, but 845 is an area code in Orange county, NY and 781 is Massachusetts. Not toll-free numbers. Ooma device had been powered off for well over 5 hours and still the same issue after bringing it from NY (TWC) to MA (Comcast). . If it were a factory reset issue, why would my secondary number work properly? And fwiw, digital dialing is enabled..

Thanks,
Ken
#92367 by thunderbird
Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:27 am
kenpfeil wrote:Hi Tbird,

Thanks for the advice, but 845 is an area code in Orange county, NY and 781 is Massachusetts. Not toll-free numbers. Ooma device had been powered off for well over 5 hours and still the same issue after bringing it from NY (TWC) to MA (Comcast). . If it were a factory reset issue, why would my secondary number work properly? And fwiw, digital dialing is enabled..

Thanks,
Ken

Then you will have to "beat up" Ooma Customer Support. I had Robotic Voice and Dropped calls during an Ooma phone call(s) this morning. I went to my Call Log, cut and pasted the problem calls into an E-mail to Ooma Customer Support. You might try cutting and pasting your problem calls into an E-mail to Ooma Customer Support also. Once and a while you will get a customer service person that cares, and then your problem will get fixed.

Note: Ooma likes more recent problem call information, when cutting and pasting into an E-mail.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#92368 by kenpfeil
Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:42 am
Thanks again, but no logs are generated when the calls don't go through. There is one in there today from Ooma Cust care. But their calls go through without issue for obvious reasons. I spent 20 minutes of my time today on the phone just to get dropped. And I am not in front of the box at the moment.
#92408 by kenpfeil
Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:33 pm
Online "Help" (Isn't)

Benjamin: Hi, my name is Benjamin. How may I help you?
You: Hi again Benjamin.
You: My name is Ken Pfeil
You: Need to know status on a support issue: 120130-001275
You: When are you guys fixing my problem or giving me a new working number?
You: Hello?
Benjamin: Let me check your account. Please wait...
Benjamin: May I know your complete Ooma phone number?
You: 7812327338
You: You there?
Benjamin: yes, I am here.
You: Can you focus on one call at a time please?
Benjamin: please wait as I am already checking on your account.
You: How long does that take?
Benjamin: upon checking, you already have a call record with us but the line was disconnected whrn the representative was about to transfer your call.
Benjamin: For calling issues, we strongly suggest that you call our Customer Care Department at your earliest convenience at 1.888.711.6662, Monday - Friday 7:00AM-7:00PM, Saturday & Sunday 8:00AM-5:00PM, Pacific Time.
You: That's correct.
Benjamin: you may provide these ticket #'s upon your call: 120130-000144
Benjamin: and 120130-001275
You: What I asked you was what is the status of my support call.
You: You cant tell me that?

Chat took 15 minutes. He was either pre-occupied with lunch or handling multiple calls. Either way Ooma isn't going to win any JD Power awards for this kind of service.