Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#39520 by Gwright
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:40 pm
I would like to get some assistance with my install. Is there service support available on 12/31/2009?
#39523 by southsound
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:53 pm
You could call to find out. This is mostly a user forum and we'd be happy to help if you could describe your problem. Or you could call 888 711-6662 and find out if they are in or not.

OOPS.. almost forgot - welcome to ooma and to the forum!
#39525 by Gwright
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:55 pm
I have called 5 times and spent about 15 minutes on hold each time. Are they closed for the Holiday or just swamped?
#39527 by bw1
Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:58 pm
I got through earlier so I think they're open and just swamped.

What problem are you having, I'm sure we can help. Do you have a Telo or Hub? Cable Internet or DSL?
#39539 by Gwright
Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:21 pm
My questio is about set up and porting.

I have the Hub and Scout combo pac. I have the hub in my home office and the scout will be for my home line.

I have processed the porting for my home office number that is associated with the hub. I have registered the scout, but how do I activate the scout and begin the porting over of my home number?
#39546 by bw1
Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:32 pm
Gwright wrote:My questio is about set up and porting.

I have the Hub and Scout combo pac. I have the hub in my home office and the scout will be for my home line.

I have processed the porting for my home office number that is associated with the hub. I have registered the scout, but how do I activate the scout and begin the porting over of my home number?

If you've already ported one number and the hub is working then you should be all set for that part. I think for the rest we can help here and you won't need to call support.

Do you have DSL? The reason that I ask is DSL can prevent the communication of the scout and hub over your home phone wires.

Do you have a landline?

The easiest way to get your scout connected and try it out is to use one of the short phone cords and plug that into the wall ports of both the scout and hub. Then plug the power into the scout and it should boot and connect and display a lit up blue tab on the scout. You can then plug a phone into the phone port on the scout and check if you have dial tone.

We can then work on getting the scout working in another place in your home after you answer the questions above.

In order to port a second number, you need to log in to MyOoma and go to add-ons -> number port, here: https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_details/port and enter the information. The 2nd port will cost an additional $39.99.

Note, you need to have Premier to have a second number.