Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#39471 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:21 am
smguf wrote:Ok, I put the ooma ip in the dmz host box, but I don't know how to do the static thing

It's just a means of ensuring that the Telo always gets the same IP from your router so your DMZ setting doesn't become invalid. In your router's documentation it probably uses a different term than static, perhaps "reserved IP" or some other equivalent term.
#39498 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:16 am
smguf wrote:Do I put it in the table or any of the other boxes?

I don't have the screen for your router in front of me so it's hard to give you step-by-step instructions. The goal is to have the IP for the Telo appear in the static routing table, and that same IP to be in the router's DMZ. Your Telo should then be able to communicate with Ooma's servers following a reboot. Perhaps if you have a friend that is knowledgeable about router configuration, he/she can help you set it up.
#39657 by smguf
Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:22 am
Got someone over here. I believe we did what you said. We got into the setup ok. Status modem:connected,Home:connected,OOma tunnel:connected. Service. Telephony:status unavailable,DNS:512-running,Web Server:396-running,VPN:22041-running, free:218492
The ooma tunnel connects and diconnects on and off.
Home
internet detecting
ooma core detecting
phone line detecting
ooma services
phone setup: your phone kine is configured for the ooma
second line: enabled
voice mail: enabled

This has been cycling since 2 pm yesterday. blinking bottom blue lightsleft to right this is the 5th day. Is this a defective unit. I'm thinking of taking it back today and calling it quits.
I had to reboot everything this morning. Lost internet access.
Blue lights still cycling. Anymore ideas Thanks