Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#39401 by smguf
Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:38 am
Hi, I've been trying to install this thing for 4 days. Constantly get blue blinking lights left to right on the bottom. 1st day talked to cs 3 times. Solution was to reboot and wait. 17 hours later and 5 calls to cs rboot everything and wait, said it could take up to 24 hours to download. 36 hours later 2 calls to cs, they said the download stopped sometime along the way. Reboot and wait 45 minutes and they will call us and check on statis.Well 12 hours later, No call, this is the 4th person who said they would call, no one has called and cs only knows how to reboot. Very frustrated, would like this thing to work.
I have a qwest dsl wireless modem/router combo. Right now I have, to internet, on ooma going to my modem with a ethernet cord and wall port on ooma going into the wall jack. The wall jack is split and the other phone cord is going from the wall to the wireless modem and a phone cord going from modem to my cordless phone. I have internet and Qwest phone service.. no problems, they are both working fine. I did opt to keep my phone # when I registered.
I have 3 computers running on the wireless modem. They are not all running at same time but are all registered with qwest modem. Do I have to many computers registered? will this make a difference?
Also can't get into Setup page. I have no way of connecting my wireless computer to ooma. Any other Solutions?
I have the ooma telo and would really like it to work. I am not that computer smart and would love the 123 setup. Looks like that's not going to happen. :cry:
We have tried different setups, Not splitting the phone line but we ended up not getting phone service or internet. We have rebooted this things in all different configurations. I think it might be my modem somehow HELP Thank...
#39412 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:59 am
If you know how to access your modem/router's configuration, look and see if it is assigning the Telo an IP address, and if so see if you can make it always assign that same address to the Telo (static). Then put that address into the router's DMZ so that it will pass all ports to the Telo.
#39414 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:12 am
It may say ooma, or it may not provide any name, just an IP. If you have three computers and one ooma then by process of elimination you can figure it out by looking at the IP's on each computer. You're likely to need at some point a way to connect one of your computers to the Telo's home network port so you can access setup - how far away is the nearest one?