Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#39131 by Lee
Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:16 am
I know there are a lot of folks using this forums to get information before they make that step to using this service. I know I was here everyday for weeks before I got my Telo. Unfortunately, the reality is that ALL forums tend to have mostly people who are having problems and need solutions. That tilts the forum to mostly negative threads.

For the record. Except for a lost request by Ooma to port my current number, which delayed the process about three weeks, I have had nothing but great results with this product. I was finally ported about three days ago and all works perfectly - caller ID, incoming/outgoing calls, call clarity, voice mail etc. Ooma's customer service needs "work" but these forums, in my opinion, make up for that. The Ooma guys who work the forums have, in most cases I've seen, done a great job in helping everyone who has problems.

If you're on the fence about getting this service, do it. I know I'm looking forward to losing my monthly $39 Qwest landline
bill. The same "wonderful" folks who charged me $150 for a 20 minute service call a few months ago.
#39133 by byersthja
Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:41 am
I'll second that. My Ooma service has performed flawlessly. Once my number port completes on January 7, I will be saving $30+ per month. I have never had a need to contact Customer Service.
#39146 by tigercruise
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:34 am
byersthja wrote:I'll second that. My Ooma service has performed flawlessly. Once my number port completes on January 7, I will be saving $30+ per month. I have never had a need to contact Customer Service.


I will 3rd that. As I've said in other threads, "Ooma is the greatest thing since sliced bread." I love it.
#39158 by Bill D
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:17 am
I'll add my name to satisfied Hub users. My AT&T number ports are scheduled for my two Hubs tomorrow and Jan 7.

The only pain I suffered was struggling with the poor call voice quality on phones connected to the Scout (scratchy voice heard only by the other party). Once I decided the only thing the Scout was good for was checking VM it was smooth sailing. Zero annual fees thanks to the grandfathered TOS made the Hubs worthwhile even without Scout phones.

It seems this Scout call quality issue is a known unsolvable problem, so I'm surprised there's not more written about it on this forum. It also seems the Telo gripes are mostly Handset-related so I assume the base Telo is as reliable as the Hub.

I agree that far more user forum posts (everywhere) are focused on gripes. Once a user solves their problem they move on to something else in their life.

Bill
#39161 by WayneDsr
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:39 am
I've said this many times in the past, but I've been with Ooma for just about a year and have had absolutely no issues with the Hub and Scout that I couldn't work through myself. When I had to call Ooma every issue I had was fixed. In addition to the hub and scout I now own a Telo with a couple of handsets. I will happily work with ooma as they get the bugs out. The company is solid... an exciting group of people pushing the envelope to give us more for our money. I am excited to be part of it. I was with SBC/AT&T for over 20 years, the longer you've been with a Telco, the more you appreciate Ooma.

Happy New Year All!

Wayne
#39162 by Shutterstuff
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:41 am
Bill D wrote:It seems this Scout call quality issue is a known unsolvable problem, so I'm surprised there's not more written about it on this forum. It also seems the Telo gripes are mostly Handset-related so I assume the base Telo is as reliable as the Hub.

I agree that far more user forum posts (everywhere) are focused on gripes. Once a user solves their problem they move on to something else in their life.

Bill

How about a Scout that breaks the Hub when plugged in? Ooma light is solid blue on both the Hub and Scout. Still trying to get this solved with their horrible tech support but I am about to return it to Amazon for a refund simply due to support is worthless and I have 2 days to get the old pricing for Premier.
#39165 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:58 am
Shutterstuff wrote:How about a Scout that breaks the Hub when plugged in? Ooma light is solid blue on both the Hub and Scout. Still trying to get this solved with their horrible tech support but I am about to return it to Amazon for a refund simply due to support is worthless and I have 2 days to get the old pricing for Premier.

I don't want you to repeat a problem description you've already made, but can you provide a link back to your Hub/Scout issue thread so that anyone who may be able to help can do so?
#39170 by Bill D
Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:19 am
WayneDsr wrote:.....absolutely no issues with the Hub and Scout that I couldn't work through myself.

Wayne,
I've seen posts from happy Scout users such as yourself and I'm curious if you've experienced the same Scout scratchy outgoing voice quality problem that I and others on this forum have found intolerable? Since this scratchy voice is only heard by the other party, I can't help but suspect that you may not have not listened to a Scout call from the non-Ooma end. On the other hand, If you had this problem and solved it, I'm very curiuos how.

I own 3 Hub/Scouts in two houses (DSL & Cable) and all 3 Scouts have the identical scratchy outgoing sound.

Bill
#39172 by WayneDsr
Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:24 am
Bill D wrote:
WayneDsr wrote:.....absolutely no issues with the Hub and Scout that I couldn't work through myself.

Wayne,
I've seen posts from happy Scout users such as yourself and I'm curious if you've experienced the same Scout scratchy outgoing voice quality problem that I and others on this forum have found intolerable? Since this scratchy voice is only heard by the other party, I can't help but suspect that you may not have not listened to a Scout call from the non-Ooma end. On the other hand, If you had this problem and solved it, I'm very curiuos how.

I own 3 Hub/Scouts in two houses (DSL & Cable) and all 3 Scouts have the identical scratchy outgoing sound.

Bill

No, Bill, I have no Scout issues. I have 2 scouts. I have seen the scout issues over the year, I have had none. I purchased one Scout from Ebay and that one works great as well, both incoming and outgoing. My Scouts are hooked up over a spare pair of wires that are isolated from the main telco line. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Wayne
#39176 by raxxal
Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:38 am
Same here. A happy camper with my OOMA TELO :cool: . I had a couple issues at the beginning, not as bad as AT&T where I lost the dial tone about 5 times in 5 weeks! Overall, the OOMA is a wonderful service. I also was with AT&T for about 23 years, recently I ported my number to OOMA, of course I am a premier user.

VOIP is a new technology, it require some skills to implement it, and I sure many of those negative criticism originate due to the lack of those skills. I read in this forums all kinds of issues, I try my best to help, after all, OOMA and its related technology was created that way, sharing knowledge.

Till next time!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests