Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#39345 by tecbox77
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:07 pm
Groundhound, your suggestion worked perfectly! Thank you!

One last question, is it to be expected for all the lights on the Ooma to be lit up blue even when the device is sitting idle? I can hit the brightness button and turn all the lights off, but I didn't know if ALL the lights should be lit if I turn up the brightness? I was expecting only the Ooma symbol to be lit up?

Thanks again !
#39346 by Stinkeypants
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:15 pm
Can you plug this thing into one of your ethernet jacks on the back of your router or do you have to do something special?
#39351 by tecbox77
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:27 pm
I feel your pain.

I did as Groundhound suggested. Since I opted to get my number ported over to Ooma, I got a temporary number from Ooma and set up my old number to forward to the new temporary number. I then connect the Ooma to my router and connected it to the Internet port on the Ooma. I also connected my phone into the Phone port on the Ooma. I can now make and receive calls.
#39354 by Stinkeypants
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:37 pm
I setup my voice mail.. still no luck... Im using their cordless phone and I have no land lines involved. Could this be my issue?
#39372 by amoney
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:00 pm
I can agree that Ooma although trying to safe guard a smooth transition, can confuse people with the setup choices. The wording could be better... simplier.

I too elected the option to get a temp number first (test and make sure things look good) then PORT.

About the dual routers... when you say AP do you mean AP only? If you are just enabling wifi in additionto a router device then you do not need the first router. A double router will slow your speed.

Not to mention a troubleshooting headach for support.
#39373 by amoney
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:02 pm
Stinkeypants wrote:I setup my voice mail.. still no luck... Im using their cordless phone and I have no land lines involved. Could this be my issue?

Start over and indicate what was your previous phone provider and what option did you select and exaclty how you have everything plugged in together.

Although unlikely, turn everything off, and turn on your modem first wait for it get connected to the internet (light indicators), then turn on the next device (router etc.).
#39962 by yaz
Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:41 pm
I am a new subscriber to Ooma telo.

I have a similar case like tecbox77. i.e., that is after installing Telo and opted to "integrate my current landline with Ooma system" but decided not to port current phone number and did not request a new ooma phone yet.
My configuration is modem -> Linksys router -> Ooma. I have connected my current DETEC Panasonic base station to Ooma phone outlet and landline to wall outlet.

Every thing is working fine including good call quality, except, on day #1, approx 3/6 times when I call into my landline from my cell phone it shows to be ringing from calling side but no response on the phones connedted to Ooma. On other 3/6 times it does recieve incomming calls correctly with good voice quality. On day # 2 (Today), all incomming calls from my cell phone is going in to Ooma VM even without first ringing the phone connected to Ooma.

Ooma telo is set to work on 4 rings by default and I made sure my panasonic phone is set to 6 rings. On my ooma (Web site), I can see all the incomming/outgoing call logs, with may showing as missed. I planned to call Ooma support and I am sure, they will be helpful, just that they close at 5pm on this sunday evening and I wanted to see if someone had similar
experience with landline integrated into ooma without new ooma number yet?