Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#38840 by Harpist
Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:30 am
Howdy folks,

The Ooma documentation says that you can have a second telephone number if you install a Ooma Scout. However, I have found no documentation that tells how this is done.

What I want to do (if possible) is to have one phone in my house on another number (my wife works at home sometimes and is on very long conference calls). Any assistance would be welcome (both on configuration of the second phone number as well as the wiring configuration of the Scout).

Good Roads

Harpist
#38868 by bw1
Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:18 pm
You have to have a Premier subscription to have a second number.

You add the second number from Preferences -> Phone Numbers in MyOoma. Select "Add a new phone number".

You connect the scout to the hub through the wall port on each. You can connect them directly to each other with a short phone cord to test the scout and make sure you get a blue tab on the scout. You can then try connecting them through your house wiring if you want. If you have DSL, you'll need to isolate the DSL signal from the connection since it interferes with the hub - scout communication.
#38888 by tigercruise
Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:41 am
bw1 wrote:You have to have a Premier subscription to have a second number.

You add the second number from Preferences -> Phone Numbers in MyOoma. Select "Add a new phone number".

You connect the scout to the hub through the wall port on each. You can connect them directly to each other with a short phone cord to test the scout and make sure you get a blue tab on the scout. You can then try connecting them through your house wiring if you want. If you have DSL, you'll need to isolate the DSL signal from the connection since it interferes with the hub - scout communication.

How is this done with the Telo instead of the Hub and the Scout?
#38901 by shedberg
Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:20 am
Okay, I have a telo and a handset. I have a regular phone plugged in to the telo and want to add a second line for the handset. I tried on line to add a second number - no luck so I call support. They tell me that a second line is not available yet for the handset???? Is this correct? Should I call back?
#38904 by Groundhound
Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:08 am
shedberg wrote:Okay, I have a telo and a handset. I have a regular phone plugged in to the telo and want to add a second line for the handset. I tried on line to add a second number - no luck so I call support. They tell me that a second line is not available yet for the handset???? Is this correct? Should I call back?

No, it's not correct. There have been some website issues with selecting a second number, but customer service should be able to help you. Go to my.ooma in Preferences > Phone Numbers, and find the number you want then call them to have them add it. You can then assign it to your handset after it is active on your account.
#38911 by Groundhound
Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:47 am
It should show up in Preferences > Phone Numbers as a shared number, and on the same page you can "add a personal device" to assign your Telo Handset to that number if desired. Once done you will have a separate my.ooma login for that number for checking voice mail.