Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#39725 by Fignewton
Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:43 pm
I bought my Ooma Telo through Costco and had the same annoying problem. I contacted customer service (which was zero help). Fortunately for me the call was disconnected and i waited a few days before activating again. It went through perfectly. I don't think it's a Costco issue but an Ooman issue.
#40554 by EDog
Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:04 pm
I just activated my Ooma I bought at Costco and had no problems at all. Credit auth went smooth as silk. Also, I wouldn't be worried about giving my credit card number to an Ooma rep over the phone, even though they do seem to be from India. Just keep an eye on your account, or report your card lost and get a new one. Simple!
#43527 by DenverDave
Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:11 am
Automated activation failed, but calling them worked out perfectly!

I was disappointed after purchasing an ooma box yesterday that I got the same error described above when I tried to activate it via the web last night (error 1000/300 after entering credit card and all). I tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer, and several different credit cards - same error every time.

I called ooma at 888-711-6662, picked the Activation option (I think it was 1), listened to pleasant music for 6 minutes (which was great - no advertisements bugging me while on hold), and the friendly support person did this:
- Took my name, address and activation number on the back of the ooma box.
- Let me pick a phone number in my area code and activated it for me.
- Sent me a temporary password via e-mail.
- Said to log in some time and enter my credit card info (I would have been happy to give him the credit card, but he didn't even ask for it).

He said to plug everything in and wait an hour, but after 10 minutes everything works exceedingly well!
#43532 by southsound
Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 am
DenverDave wrote:Automated activation failed, but calling them worked out perfectly!

I was disappointed after purchasing an ooma box yesterday that I got the same error described above when I tried to activate it via the web last night (error 1000/300 after entering credit card and all). I tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer, and several different credit cards - same error every time.

I called ooma at 888-711-6662, picked the Activation option (I think it was 1), listened to pleasant music for 6 minutes (which was great - no advertisements bugging me while on hold), and the friendly support person did this:
- Took my name, address and activation number on the back of the ooma box.
- Let me pick a phone number in my area code and activated it for me.
- Sent me a temporary password via e-mail.
- Said to log in some time and enter my credit card info (I would have been happy to give him the credit card, but he didn't even ask for it).

He said to plug everything in and wait an hour, but after 10 minutes everything works exceedingly well!

Dave, I'm glad things are working well for you! Welcome to ooma and to the forum. There are a lot of great people here - users helping users. If you have a problem with things down the line, feel free to post the details here and we'll jump in. Likewise, don't be a stranger because you will probably be able to help others from your experience. :cool:
#43968 by oomg
Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:51 pm
fazman wrote:
Groundhound wrote:Have you tried different browsers? I know Ooma has been having difficulty with a number of areas of their recently revamped website, and some of the issues (not all) are browser compatibility related. If you have not already done so, try Firefox.

I have already tried IE 7 and FF 3.5.5 on Windows XP SP3, IE 8 on Windows 7, and on my Mac book Pro pro with Mac OS X and FF 3.5.5... still no good. The problem is an issue with your nazi DB not allowing people to activate or with having corrupted data. Why not give your support reps a tool which can resolve these matters quickly by entering in the data needed manually. Your support people should be able to support your customers... if not... they are no better then just allowing us to type in our own issues to you (Whichi i have already done and documented all the OOMA device details and still no response).

This stuff better be worth it or I'm going to return this crap back to costco and tell all my friends that OOMA is vaporware that can't be turned on.

Don't feel too bad. I have tried helping a few friends with their Ooma installation (One Telo and two Hub/Scout systems). All went well, except that in three cases so far, I was not allowed to select the second number without going through CS. It only took a few minutes, but I can see how it could be frustrating. Otherwise, each installation went smoothly. By the way, the Telo was pucchased through Costco.
#43990 by alancommike
Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:43 pm
I bought my Telo in early January at Costco and didn't have a problem registering over the web. I don't know if it was something that they broke, then fixed, and broke again, or it's dependent on something else, but registering a Costco Telo is not fundamentally broken. It did work at least once! :)

...alan
#47498 by hsyamsuri
Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:12 am
I've been trying to activate my ooma since yesterday and I got different error message but same error code. "[251] Error With Regsitration Device. Error Code: 1000/300". Have any of you got this error and know how to fix it? I've too tried using different browsers, different CC, tried at night, morning, afternoon, still no success. Called the Ooma CS and they need to escalate and create a case number instead.