Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#38364 by losmorob
Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:47 pm
They can hear me, I can't hear them. And in addition when I call out, it's silent with no ringing.

If someone calls into the ooma, all is well.

Running a SBC Integrated Modem/Router so I have to use Option 2B. Ooma is connected behind the Modem/Router.
#38511 by raxxal
Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:08 pm
losmorob wrote:They can hear me, I can't hear them. And in addition when I call out, it's silent with no ringing.

If someone calls into the ooma, all is well.

Running a SBC Integrated Modem/Router so I have to use Option 2B. Ooma is connected behind the Modem/Router.

Try to reset the router firewall, I had the same problem. I have a Uverse router, after reseting the firewall, OOMA works! However, I am not using option 2B, I connect the router to a Netgear SW, and from there I connect computers, OOMA TELO,etc.
#38578 by losmorob
Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:30 am
Groundhound wrote:If the router has a DMZ setting available try putting the IP it assigns to your Ooma into the router's DMZ so that all ports are passed to the Ooma.

Groundhound, YOU ARE THE MAN.
I "fixded it!" Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
#40585 by asffan
Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:00 pm
I have same problem, I put ooma in DMZ by setting configuration in Uverse. It still does not work. I can only receive call. When I dial out, I can not hear dial tone and I can not hear any thing.

What should I do now? Should I set Ooma as static IP address or using DHCP?

Please help out.
#40605 by Groundhound
Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:55 am
asffan wrote:I have same problem, I put ooma in DMZ by setting configuration in Uverse. It still does not work. I can only receive call. When I dial out, I can not hear dial tone and I can not hear any thing.

Please help out.

Not enough information.
Ooma Hub or Telo?
How did you configure DMZ in "Uverse"
You are receiving calls on your phone that has no dial tone?
#40608 by Leeway
Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:05 am
asffan wrote:I have same problem, I put ooma in DMZ by setting configuration in Uverse. It still does not work. I can only receive call. When I dial out, I can not hear dial tone and I can not hear any thing.

Please help out.

I have U-Verse, it works beautiful both on the older hub and the new Telo. It sure sounds like you've got something plugged in wrong if you can dial someone without having a dial tone??

Simply plug your Ooma into the back of the U-Verse RG or into a switch. Plug a computer into the Ooma (you can unplug the computer from the Ooma later if you wish & put it back into the RG).
Boot your computer and you will get a message from U-Verse router that there is a router behind router situation and it simply says "Click the OK to resolve". It all happens magically all by itself.

Donna