Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#38311 by dpryor
Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:44 am
Is anyone having trouble registering the telo handset? I've tried a number of times and can't get the telo to recognize the handset. I was on the phone with technical support numerous times yesterday and still waiting for an answer............
#38317 by bw1
Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 am
Did you follow these instructions:

REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS: The first time you register a handset with your Ooma Telo, you must power-cycle the Ooma Telo device. Unplug the power for 5 seconds and then plug it back in. When your Ooma Telo is back in service, proceed with registration by pressing and holding the page (antenna) button in the upper right hand corner for 3 seconds.

To speed up the registration process on the Ooma Telo Handset, turn it off by pressing the hangup button (red phone key) for 3 seconds. Press the hangup button again to turn the phone on. The Ooma Telo Handset will immediately try to register. Enter the PIN number above when prompted.

I've had to try a couple of times, where the handset will only say "Auto Registration" and won't go to the screen asking for the PIN. But it switched eventually after a couple of tries.
#38529 by TechExplorer
Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:29 pm
did you have the telo base start the search/reg. process by holding down (( A )) for 3 sec. and then ask the telo handset to reg. ( holding down red key ) 3 sec,turns off then hitting it again auto search starts,will have no problems doing this in this order !!
#41998 by BluRayDoug
Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:10 am
I'm having the same problem. I spent about an hour on the phone with tech support. We tried to reset the Telo and handset to factory settings multiple times, but the hadset still will not pair with the Telo. I'm waiting for next steps on my support ticket.