Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37892 by Shutterstuff
Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 pm
Anyone know how long it take to get a reply from an email to tech support? The online for actually, but they called it an email.

My work hours for the next week do not allow me to be able to call... and I have 4 problems I need to solve before the time limit on getting the Preimer for $99 runs out!
#38000 by stangale@pacbell.net
Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:32 pm
Sorry Shutterstuff,

In my experience Tech Support will not and can not answer your questions.

If you e-mail them - do not expect an answer.

If you call them - they will politely put you on hold and come back several minutes later, and not be able to answer your question.

I've been through this many many times in these past weeks and still don't have reliable telephone service.

(And yes - ISP/Internet issues have been ruled out.

Dr. Stan Gale
Los Angeles

P.S. I'm more than slightly peeved at OOMA's abhorrent "Customer Service" and don't mind being vocal about it.

My advice to you is to post your OOMA problems on this forum - there are some guys here who are very decent and have been helpful. They also know more than OOMA's "Tech Support".
#38146 by ScottinSF
Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 pm
I emailed customer support last Wednesday and haven't heard anything back. I am going to call them tomorrow and if they can't/won't resolve my problem (regarding outbound caller ID) I am going to return the Telo and handset (the handset is basically unusable anyway). It is unfortunate that a company with what appears to be a good product is incapable of supporting it. Doesn't bode well for Ooma's future. Even if I get my Telo working properly - given my experience and so many others on this forum - I would never recommend the product to anyone. If the product worked properly and was supported I would recommend it to everyone I know, which would easily result in a dozen additional systems purchased. It is sad that Ooma doesn't understand that in order for them to be successful they need to provide a consumer product experience (not a techie experience). And from what I can tell they have worked out the difficult part, the technology itself, but need to work on providing more and better information (the website is woefully inadequate on this front) and, of course, on providing basic customer support.
#38150 by oldanbo
Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:17 pm
ScottinSF wrote:I emailed customer support last Wednesday and haven't heard anything back. I am going to call them tomorrow and if they can't/won't resolve my problem (regarding outbound caller ID) I am going to return the Telo and handset (the handset is basically unusable anyway). It is unfortunate that a company with what appears to be a good product is incapable of supporting it. Doesn't bode well for Ooma's future. Even if I get my Telo working properly - given my experience and so many others on this forum - I would never recommend the product to anyone. If the product worked properly and was supported I would recommend it to everyone I know, which would easily result in a dozen additional systems purchased. It is sad that Ooma doesn't understand that in order for them to be successful they need to provide a consumer product experience (not a techie experience). And from what I can tell they have worked out the difficult part, the technology itself, but need to work on providing more and better information (the website is woefully inadequate on this front) and, of course, on providing basic customer support.

IMHO, ooma take note.
#38430 by Shutterstuff
Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:17 am
Well... it took almost a week. And it proves they are idiots too! Below is their reply to a question that was answered on the forum (but now I have a defective Scout...).

Dear Sheldon,

Thank you for contacting ooma Customer Support.

Sorry for the inconvenience and if it wasn't made clear to you that 2 line capable phones is not compatible with OOMA, the scout needs a different for you to fully utilize 2nd line feature.

2 lined phones with one base unit and multiple handsets will not work.

Melchor

Support: 888.711.6662

Hours of Operation: Mon - Fri 8AM - 6PM pst, Sat - Sun 8AM - 5PM pst
www.ooma.com (https://www.ooma.com/)

Thank you for using ooma!

--- Original Message ---
Received: 12/17/09 5:02:19 PM PST
To: ooma.supportbkp <support@oomacare.com>
Subject: Technical Support - Cannot Receive Calls

I am very frustrated!

In the middle of setting up my new Hub and Scout, the web site crashed. I am getting a 404 type error. I called support and after getting dropped twice, I got someone that kept telling me my browser was the problem. I hung up on him before I sstarted cussing at his stupidity. I tried both Firefox and IE (latest versions of both). Once in a while I can get to a page in my.ooma.com, but most of the time I get the mentioned 404. especially after saving a change.

I only have part of my system configured and this is a big problem. I have been working on this for 3 hours and now I have to leave for my sons game and support will be closed when I get back. Today was my last day off until Christmas (I work retail) so their limited support hours really suck right now!

My current problem is 2 phone numbers and a 2 line phone system. Line 1 is ringing on both and then no one is there when you answer. Line 2 is working fine. I was trying to get line 1 to the Hub only and line 2 to the Scout only (Scout and line 2 are working). Incoming calls ring on both lines only once. We get a dial tone when we answer.

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
#38449 by Dante R
Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:11 pm
A 2 line phone will work.

If you have a separate jack on the back of your phone for line 1 and line 2:

Plug line 1 into hub "phone" port.

Plug line 2 into Scout "phone" port.

If you have 1 jack for both line 1 AND line 2 you will need a 2-line splitter on the back of your phone and do the same thing above.
#38452 by Shutterstuff
Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:43 pm
Dante R wrote:A 2 line phone will work.

If you have a separate jack on the back of your phone for line 1 and line 2:

Plug line 1 into hub "phone" port.

Plug line 2 into Scout "phone" port.

If you have 1 jack for both line 1 AND line 2 you will need a 2-line splitter on the back of your phone and do the same thing above.

That is the way I have it hooked up. I am having hardware issues and still dealing with phone support. Going on 6 hours of calling back and forth (good thing I have 3,000 daytime minutes on my cell...). At least my scout is dead. But incoming calls to just the Hub ring once and then the caller hears static. Outbound calls on the scout do not work at all, we only hear static, no dial tone.