Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37771 by stangale@pacbell.net
Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:35 am
1. Because OOMA "lost" my original order that included telo/free handset/porting/premier, I bought a handset from Amazon.

The battery level would quickly diminished to 1/4 with no or minimal use if it wasn't on the charging cradle.

Since OOMA hadn't sent the promised handset yet despite an open trouble ticket and persistent calls, I called OOMA again to tell them of the battery problem. They told me to return it to Amazon.

Amazon promptly (great service!) sent another one and it does the same thing. Searching the forums (The Knowledge Base says nothing) one person found that turning the handset off/on reset the battery indicator. It's true - but unless the handset stays on the cradle the battery indicator will soon default to 1/4.

After 2 months of pestering, OOMA finally sent the promised handset. It does the same thing as well.

(Note: In each instance, I've always installed the battery pack and let the battery charge fully before attempting to use the handset.)

by Bobby B » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:23 pm
We're planning to release a Telo software update to support one handset this weekend. We're close to getting a release into testing that will support 2 or more handsets. The goal is to get the multi-handset software update out to everyone by December 1st (the wording on my.ooma.com/pin will reflect this over the weekend).

It's really disconcerting to have a product that can't be used - we still can't use more than 1 handset.

If I'm talking on the handset and another call comes in it drops the first caller upon pushing the green button.

Sometimes a caller is hung up on when answering using the Telo Handset. This doesn't happen with another phone.

Sometimes calls are found in voicemail when no ring's been heard. (Do Not Disturb is not enabled when this occurs.)

Sometimes the line 1 or 2 light on the Telo is red even though no call is in progress. This line is not available when this happens. Only a reboot of the telo "fixes" this.

This is all i can think of at the moment.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Note: Upon running http://www.whichvoip.com/voip/speed_test/ppspeed.html I always get a 99% - these are not ISP problems.
#37782 by bw1
Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:19 am
You can ignore the battery meter, it's not currently working well. The handset will beep when it's battery is low. I just leave the handset in the cradle when I'm not using it.

Based on what I've seen, I'm sure they're working hard on the Telo and handset issues.

For calls in voicemail, do they show up in the call log? Do you have blacklists enabled that send to voicemail? Do you have anonymous call block sent to voicemail.

I have anonymous call block sent to voicemail and when a call comes in with no caller id, I don't get any indication of the call until my play button starts flashing. The call won't show up in the call log either.

For your voip speed test, 99% of what? There are a lot of parameters that it checks and any one could indicate a problem. It sounds like your call quality is good, so I doubt your issues are with your internet connection.

Here are my results:

VoIP test statistics
--------------------
Jitter: you --> server: 0.5 ms
Jitter: server --> you: 1.0 ms
Packet loss: you --> server: 0.0 %
Packet loss: server --> you: 0.0 %
Packet discards: 0.0 %
Packets out of order: 0.0 %
Estimated MOS score: 4.1

Speed test statistics
---------------------
Download speed: 2078936 bps
Upload speed: 1087688 bps
Download quality of service: 99 %
Upload quality of service: 93 %
Download test type: socket
Upload test type: socket
Maximum TCP delay: 7 ms
Average download pause: 5 ms
Minimum round trip time to server: 88 ms
Average round trip time to server: 90 ms
Estimated download bandwidth: 2080000bps
Route concurrency: 1.0005118
Download TCP forced idle: 0 %
Maximum route speed: 5957720bps

I don't always get results this good. As a matter of fact, Upload QOS % is usually in the 50's or 60's. But I always have very low jitter and no packet loss and my call quality is almost always perfect.
#37828 by stangale@pacbell.net
Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:27 am
Thanks BW1,

For calls in voicemail, do they show up in the call log? Yes. The times are wrong though.
Do you have blacklists enabled that send to voicemail? No.
Do you have anonymous call block sent to voicemail. No.

The most annoying thing to me is the worthlessness of "Tech Support".

You know of the battery meter problem - but they absolutely don't!

In the dozens of calls I've had to place to OOMA "Tech Support" NOT ONCE were they able to answer a question.
It's always "Let me put you on hold for a few minutes to get some information."
When they do come back on the line - they are still clueless.
Each call ends up taking approximately 45 minutes with the same result - nothing!
I really think they'd like to help but have no training or useful resources to do so.
It's one thing to have a product that is new, has bugs, isn't reliable - but quite another to subject customers to appalling support. Who's ever in charge of training them should be replaced immediately.
(Gosh I hope someone at OOMA reads these posts.....)
#37869 by wtnixon
Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:12 pm
I'm curious to see what happens when everyone thinks they're getting a great christmas gift only to find out they have limited capabilities.