Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37717 by Shutterstuff
Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 pm
I am very frustrated!

In the middle of setting up my new Hub and Scout, the web site crashed. I am getting a 404 type error. I called support and after getting dropped twice, I got someone that kept telling me my browser was the problem. I hung up on him before I sstarted cussing at his stupidity. I tried both Firefox and IE (latest versions of both). Once in a while I can get to a page in my.ooma.com, but most of the time I get the mentioned 404. especially after saving a change.

I only have part of my system configured and this is a big problem. I have been working on this for 3 hours and now I have to leave for my sons game and support will be closed when I get back. Today was my last day off until Christmas (I work retail) so their limited support hours really suck right now!

My current problem is 2 phone numbers and a 2 line phone system. Line 1 is ringing on both and then no one is there when you answer. Line 2 is working fine. I was trying to get line 1 to the Hub only and line 2 to the Scout only (Scout and line 2 are working).
#37723 by Shutterstuff
Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:17 pm
Follow up:

I went to a friends house to use his computer after my sons game (they won...). I can get to the my.ooma.com web page and log in. I go to change my phone number settings so line 1 is not shared and I get the same error. But I was wrong, it is not a 404 but a 500 error. No changes get saved at all. 3 different computers and 2 different browsers do the same thing.

So, incoming calls do not work as both lines ring only once for the same call. Then when you answer, you get a dial tone.

I am going to unplug Ooma and plug my Vonage back in until I hear from tech support via email. They are too frustrating to talk to over the phone.
#37822 by Shutterstuff
Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:45 am
I have spent WAY too much time on this, but I think I found a bug. I have a Hub and Scout. On My.ooma if I go to Preferences and Phone Numbers I see both phone numbers shared on both devices. I made 2 devices, one the hub and the other the scout. I can set one number up to only ring at the hub. When I try and make the second number and then save the change, this is when the web page gives the 500 error. I have to clear the cookie in order to get back to the page again. When I do get back, the second number change is not saved, it is still shared. I have tried all combinations of either number going to the Scout or Hub. As soon as I try and unshare the last number, it all goes to hell.

The tech support person on the phone was rather insistent the problem was on my end. But I can now duplicate this on 4 different computers, using bot IE and Firefox.

Now if I can just get a response from my emailed support question...
#37825 by Groundhound
Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:11 am
Instead of trying to assign the Hub to number, start with both numbers shared and then assign one to the Scout. The other number will remain shared on the Hub but from a function standpoint it is the same - the shared number will only ring on the Hub and the assigned number will only ring on the Scout.
#37826 by Shutterstuff
Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:21 am
Groundhound wrote:Instead of trying to assign the Hub to number, start with both numbers shared and then assign one to the Scout. The other number will remain shared on the Hub but from a function standpoint it is the same - the shared number will only ring on the Hub and the assigned number will only ring on the Scout.


I have a Panasonic 2 line cordless phone system. Line 1 is plugged into the Hub and line 2 is plugged into the Scout. The shared number is ringing on both lines. The second number is going right to voicemail with no ringing at all.
#37838 by Groundhound
Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 am
Shutterstuff wrote:
Groundhound wrote:Instead of trying to assign the Hub to number, start with both numbers shared and then assign one to the Scout. The other number will remain shared on the Hub but from a function standpoint it is the same - the shared number will only ring on the Hub and the assigned number will only ring on the Scout.


I have a Panasonic 2 line cordless phone system. Line 1 is plugged into the Hub and line 2 is plugged into the Scout. The shared number is ringing on both lines. The second number is going right to voicemail with no ringing at all.

Yep, that's why you need to assign a number to the Scout, not to the Hub.
#37891 by Shutterstuff
Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:29 pm
Groundhound wrote:
Shutterstuff wrote:
Groundhound wrote:Instead of trying to assign the Hub to number, start with both numbers shared and then assign one to the Scout. The other number will remain shared on the Hub but from a function standpoint it is the same - the shared number will only ring on the Hub and the assigned number will only ring on the Scout.


I have a Panasonic 2 line cordless phone system. Line 1 is plugged into the Hub and line 2 is plugged into the Scout. The shared number is ringing on both lines. The second number is going right to voicemail with no ringing at all.

Yep, that's why you need to assign a number to the Scout, not to the Hub.


I have one number assigned to the Scout, the other number is still Shared and I cannot change it. When that number is called, both lines on the Panasonic ring at the same time once and the caller gets static after the one ring. When we answer, we get a dial tone.
#37903 by murphy
Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:26 am
Shutterstuff wrote:I have one number assigned to the Scout, the other number is still Shared and I cannot change it. When that number is called, both lines on the Panasonic ring at the same time once and the caller gets static after the one ring. When we answer, we get a dial tone.

If the shared number on the hub also rings the phone connected to the personalized scout, the scout personalization did not take.

Some scouts were shipped with the wrong serial number on the sticker. They can not be personalized until you call customer support and get the correct serial number from them. It's unlikely to happen via email.
#37978 by Shutterstuff
Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:04 pm
murphy wrote:
Shutterstuff wrote:I have one number assigned to the Scout, the other number is still Shared and I cannot change it. When that number is called, both lines on the Panasonic ring at the same time once and the caller gets static after the one ring. When we answer, we get a dial tone.

If the shared number on the hub also rings the phone connected to the personalized scout, the scout personalization did not take.

Some scouts were shipped with the wrong serial number on the sticker. They can not be personalized until you call customer support and get the correct serial number from them. It's unlikely to happen via email.


This is the most useful information I have received! When I get home from work tonight, I will test this out. Thanks!
#37979 by Shutterstuff
Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:05 pm
I should note that both the Hub and Scout have solid blue Ooma lights, so I "assumed" all was well hardware wise...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests