Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#39079 by taolsen2003
Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:57 pm
murphy wrote:The jack (female) is NOT the house side. It is the Telephone company side.
You must connect the ooma phone jack to the plug(male).

Oh, I think I understand. I am laughing at myself. So I need a female/female coupler with 2 females to connect the male and the male, correct? Thanks.
#39118 by southsound
Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:04 pm
Yes - but it is commonly called a male/male coupler because it connects two male plugs. And yes, there are two female connectors in the device.
#39374 by taolsen2003
Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:13 pm
Southsound and Murphy,

Thanks for you assistance. I was able to get the ooma working and the monitored alarm seems to communicate with the central station without any adjustment. I now plan to keep it hooked up like this for a week or so, and if it works fine, will call the phone company.
#40418 by jreed
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:27 am
murphy wrote:All jacks in your house should have dial tone.

Murphy I have the older Ooma hub and not the newer Teleo unit, is the ability to allow all jacks to have a dial tone without the use of a Ooma scout a feature only available with the newer Ooma Teleo unit? With the setup I have using the older Ooma Hub my phone jacks throughout the house only work when hooked up in conjunction with the Ooma scout.

Just wondering if full home distribution of a dial tone to all jacks was possible with the older Ooma Hub?

Thanks,
Neal
#40419 by murphy
Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:30 am
Yes it is. I have the hub on line 1 in my house and a scout on line 2. The hub and scout are connected together on line 3.