Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37048 by Jay521
Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:53 am
In addition to the freezing up of the handset constantly, I found another issue. Yesterday, on a full charge, I placed a few phone calls and noticed that there was only 25% of battery charge left. The calls were not long so battery drain was rapid. Before I went to sleep, I placed the handset back on the charger. I woke up and noticed the handset was still charging. When I lifted the handset, it still showed 25% of battery life left. I pulled the battery out and placed the handset back in the cradle. It began charging again but this time shows a full battery when I take it out of it's cradle. However, it's not really full since the darn thing won't stop showing that it's still charging the battery. :cry:

Anyone else with these issues?

Ooma, where are the fixes?
#37058 by The Picard
Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:49 am
I'm beginning to wonder if Ooma has the technical ability to solve the issues with the handset that have been raised in the forums. It's just possible that they've dug themselves a hole that they can't get out of. It's also possible that the hardware is simply poorly designed and can not BE fixed. I'll say it again: The handset should NOT have been released until it was fully capable of performing up to snuff. End of story.
#37067 by Jay521
Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:07 am
The Picard wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Ooma has the technical ability to solve the issues with the handset that have been raised in the forums. It's just possible that they've dug themselves a hole that they can't get out of. It's also possible that the hardware is simply poorly designed and can not BE fixed. I'll say it again: The handset should NOT have been released until it was fully capable of performing up to snuff. End of story.

I agree and sadly, I purchased four of these units. My bad..... :(
#37111 by tesla2
Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:40 pm
The Picard wrote:I'm beginning to wonder if Ooma has the technical ability to solve the issues with the handset that have been raised in the forums. It's just possible that they've dug themselves a hole that they can't get out of. It's also possible that the hardware is simply poorly designed and can not BE fixed. I'll say it again: The handset should NOT have been released until it was fully capable of performing up to snuff. End of story.

I'm afraid you're right. I am beginning to doubt this system will ever work the way it was intended. They should farm out the engineering to Panasonic or Siemens.
#37427 by dsinternet
Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:06 pm

I also agree. I got one handset from Amazon, but lucky for me I have until mid January to return it for a full refund. I am keeping it until my Premier Trial ends. Once Ooma gets things right, I will sign up for Premier and get the free Ooma handset with the year of Premier. Since I will not have a phone bill or Premier, the Ooma system will only take 12 months to pay for itself (had Vonage 1 year contract for about $250 per year).
The instant second line is what got me to switch from Vonage to Ooma. I am sure Ooma will have the Telo Handset working in the future. I am looking forward to getting a Telo Handset that everyone will love. I just hope its in the first half of 2010. Ooma is a great company, and I am happy I made the switch to them.