Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#37032 by JmPantalone
Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:20 am
Ive been trying to setup the scout in a seperate room to use it just for listening to my voice mail. No phone attached to it.Cannot get it to connect. My service is DSL. Tried using splitters,dsl filters,L1-L2-L1+L2 adapters but nothing works.
#37034 by murphy
Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:26 am
Does it work if you set the scout beside the hub and connect a short phone cable from the wall port of the hub to the wall port of the scout?

If it does, you have a house wiring problem to solve.
#37036 by JmPantalone
Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:35 am
Yes it works with that setup I recently dropped my phone service and im using AT&T dsl direct. Wondering if they did something to the 2wire pair that comes into the house.One for dsl...one for phone?????
Last edited by JmPantalone on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
#37039 by murphy
Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 am
Then you need to analyze your house phone wiring.
My first guess is that the line 2 wires are not connected to the wall jacks because the installer was in a hurry or lazy.
Open up the wall jack and you will probably find the yellow and black wires not connected to anything.
#37041 by JmPantalone
Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:43 am
I think youre right murphy....Its still dark here in calif. so at first light i will check it out.only changes were made to the main box outside Am i now going to have to use the dsl/phone splitters again