Telo Handset will not register with Base

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
jeffreymerlin

Telo Handset will not register with Base

Post by jeffreymerlin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 pm

I read through the posts on others with problems linking their telo handset to the base (holding left soft key and 0 on power up to force PIN entry and selecting "back" soft key in certain menu modes) nothing seems to work including resetting handset to default setting. The hand set searches but never asks for PIN registration code.. Any ideas other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

JB

Groundhound

Re: Telo Handset will not register with Base

Post by Groundhound » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:19 pm

While the handset is searching, hold down for 3 sec. the antenna key on the Telo base.

jeffreymerlin

Post by jeffreymerlin » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:37 pm

Tried that and just about every other option I could think of. I am never prompted for the PIN nor can I force it into a state where I can enter the PIN. I think there is a hardware problem on the hand set or base station and radio signals are not being sent out and/ or received. Thanks any way :)

JB

oldanbo

Post by oldanbo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Hope I'm not being redundant here. Press 0 and left softkey, press Red handset key Briefly...do not hold it down. Then press and hold Telo key for 3 to 5 seconds. I think handset will show searching until Telo goes into reg mode, then handset will show enter PIN, you know the rest.

Regards

NickR

Post by NickR » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:46 am

Have the same problem as JB -- got new Telo Handset from Costco 12/11/09 and it would not register with Base and never prompted for PIN. The 3 sec "antenna" suggestion or "left soft & zero" do not help. Need better suggestions from groundhound or someone else at Customer Srevice.

NR

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:51 am

NickR wrote:Need better suggestions from groundhound or someone else at Customer Srevice.
So there's no misunderstanding, I don't work for Ooma. I'm just a customer like you.

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:31 am

NickR wrote:Have the same problem as JB -- got new Telo Handset from Costco 12/11/09 and it would not register with Base and never prompted for PIN. The 3 sec "antenna" suggestion or "left soft & zero" do not help. Need better suggestions from groundhound or someone else at Customer Srevice.

NR
3 seconds isn't long enough. Press and hold the antenna symbol until it begins to blink.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

NickR

Post by NickR » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:36 am

I did hold it down for longer than 3 sec -- until "antenna" was blinking frequently... did not do anything. Any other suggestions?

NR