Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#36953 by jeffreymerlin
Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 pm
I read through the posts on others with problems linking their telo handset to the base (holding left soft key and 0 on power up to force PIN entry and selecting "back" soft key in certain menu modes) nothing seems to work including resetting handset to default setting. The hand set searches but never asks for PIN registration code.. Any ideas other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

JB
#36959 by jeffreymerlin
Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:37 pm
Tried that and just about every other option I could think of. I am never prompted for the PIN nor can I force it into a state where I can enter the PIN. I think there is a hardware problem on the hand set or base station and radio signals are not being sent out and/ or received. Thanks any way :)

JB
#37014 by oldanbo
Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:31 pm
Hope I'm not being redundant here. Press 0 and left softkey, press Red handset key Briefly...do not hold it down. Then press and hold Telo key for 3 to 5 seconds. I think handset will show searching until Telo goes into reg mode, then handset will show enter PIN, you know the rest.

Regards
#37045 by NickR
Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:46 am
Have the same problem as JB -- got new Telo Handset from Costco 12/11/09 and it would not register with Base and never prompted for PIN. The 3 sec "antenna" suggestion or "left soft & zero" do not help. Need better suggestions from groundhound or someone else at Customer Srevice.

NR
#37051 by murphy
Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:31 am
NickR wrote:Have the same problem as JB -- got new Telo Handset from Costco 12/11/09 and it would not register with Base and never prompted for PIN. The 3 sec "antenna" suggestion or "left soft & zero" do not help. Need better suggestions from groundhound or someone else at Customer Srevice.

NR

3 seconds isn't long enough. Press and hold the antenna symbol until it begins to blink.