Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#36596 by Lee
Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:02 am
Any of the Ooma guys. I just called CS and they said the porting dept. has no record of my LOA or my name and nothing has been done to my account. I got the Telo a month ago and set everything up online (so I thought). I was told I need to go online and get the LOA. I have no clue what that is or how to get it.

Can you guys please help?

Lee
#36597 by ntoy
Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:10 am
Hello Lee,

Unfortunately, in viewing your account, there is no order to port your number.

What you can do is log into:
https://my.ooma.com/home/login

-Click on the "Add-Ons" tab at the top
-Click on "Number Port"
-And follow the instructions
-The next page should contain the LOA(LetterOfAgreement)
-You will also be reminded to send in a current copy of your phone bill.
#36600 by Lee
Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:35 am
Thanks, ntoy.

I finished the form and submitted it (there was already a copy of my credit card on file) but did not see anything about sending a copy of my phone bill. Where do I send one when I get it (I have nothing now as the bill has been paid for the month). Do any of the Ooma guys have the authority to push my account ahead? They say it'll be three to four weeks and I already have waited four weeks and it was not my fault the original order got lost.

Also, I plan on getting Premier so I might as well do it now and save the porting cost. How do I do that now with the original lost request?

Thanks

Lee
#36612 by ntoy
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am
Hello Lee,

I stand corrected, your number port will be handled by one of our specific carriers. This explains why you did not see the LOA online. I spoke to our Porting team & they will be emailing you the LOA form and once completed & signed, you can fax back or email us. Also, it will request a copy of yuor current phone bill.
#36620 by Lee
Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:05 pm
Thanks, ntoy. I got all the forms finished and ready to email back to Ooma. Before I do that, what about my question regarding Premier svc and no porting fee? I don't want to sent this all in and find out I should have done something differently if I get Premier now They already have my credit card info so all they have to do is bill it differently. RIght?
#36754 by ntoy
Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 am
Hello,

Yes, sorry for the delay. A little busy...

I show that your account was billed for annual premiere which includes the number port.
No separate fee charged for the number port.
#36788 by Lee
Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 pm
Great. Does that mean the port is over and I can call Qwest and cancel service? I have not received an email from Ooma saying it is complete. Should that have happened?

Also, I have had my phone plugged into the wall port during this process as I was porting my existing number. Can I unplug it now? I also had another thread going about the low volume on the Telo. Someone had a great idea to keep the phone connected, call my own number and listen to msg's that way. It works great. Can I still do that?

Thanks, ntoy
#36789 by Aveamantium
Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:53 pm
When your port is complete you should get an email from Ooma. You can test by unplugging the land line and rebooting to see what it does? And Qwest will likely close your account once the port is complete (I'd call to make sure though).

If you just gave them the LOA and Phone Bill then it still might be awhile? As for the trick to call your own number to get Voicmails, yes you'll still be able to do that.