Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#36559 by meow
Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:56 pm
I am a new ooma customer. I received today ooma telo, registered, connected it properly. Got the new phone number.
It is all blue, except for #1 which is red.

my phone has no dial tone. On setup page phone shows as disconnected, however it is connected.

I don't know what to do, especially customer support is out for the night.
#36561 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:58 am
Disconnect the phone wire from the Telo phone port. Does the Line 1 key on the Telo remain red? If so, power cycle the Telo by disconnecting the power wire for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in. The Telo will take several minutes to reboot. After reboot is complete, are all keys blue? If so, plug the phone back into the Telo's phone port (make sure it's not the wall port). Let us know if that resolves the issue.

If the Line 1 key on the Telo turns blue when you unplug the phone, and then red again when you plug the phone back into the phone port, there is an issue with the phone or phone wire that makes the Telo think the phone is off-hook.
#36714 by meow
Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 pm
Thank you, I bought a new phone today. This one has signal. Hope, it will go well now. My old phone wasn't that old... but somehow didn't work.

Thanks again!