Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#36217 by ifican
Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 am
Is there a detailed user guide or something more involved then the quickstart guide? I would like to know what all the buttons do and any other functions the device does. A weird key sequence i happened on by accident is if you dial a number and there is a #1 included at the end. The telo locks up good and doesnt allow you to make or recieve calls. I be the # is a feature sequence but since i have no docs stating this i am going to refer to it as a bug. Standing by.........
#36222 by Groundhound
Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:25 am
ifican wrote:Is there a detailed user guide or something more involved then the quickstart guide? I would like to know what all the buttons do and any other functions the device does. A weird key sequence i happened on by accident is if you dial a number and there is a #1 included at the end. The telo locks up good and doesnt allow you to make or recieve calls. I be the # is a feature sequence but since i have no docs stating this i am going to refer to it as a bug. Standing by.........

Just out of curiosity, what kind of phone number ends in "#1"?
#36223 by ifican
Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 am
I know i am not the only one to do this, I was redialing a number i had previous dialed and during that phone call i had to interface with an IVR. The IVR made me hit # then 1 but in the redial list it will show up as <7 or 10 digit number)#1. On a regular land line phone and even with vonage stuff at the end didnt matter. With ooma it apparently does, i dont have an issue with it, would just like to know all the functionality with the device. Took me about 10 minutes to figure out i needed to reboot the telo. This behavior is completely repeatable as i tested it again to see if it was just fluke.
#36234 by ifican
Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:11 pm
Groundhound wrote:So "#1" is entered not as part of the dial string, but after the call is connected?

Initially it is after the call is connected. But the phone i currently have and most standard phones i have used that has the redial function. The phone cannot differentiate between dial string and number input after connection. To the phone it all seems to be 1 long number. So if i go back and use the redial function it will show the phone number and anything input during the call. In this case it was a # and a 1. So for clarity lets say the called cached number would have looked like 5551212#1.