Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#36113 by SCmmaFAN
Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:49 am
I have a Telo with a loose fitting power adapter and it falls out if you breath on it. I went to the sticky to get a replacement and it asks for my "Telo Activation Code". I'm sure I entered it when registering the Telo device during the initial installation but I don't see any number that referes to it. Can someone tell me where is the code located?

Also, does any one else have a loose board. Mine seems to move when plugging cables into it?
#36115 by southsound
Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:52 am
Bottom right box on the bottom of the Telo.
#36117 by tigercruise
Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:09 am
My Telo is at another location so I don't have access to it right now. Is the activation code absolutely necessary to get a replacement adapter? If so, is it anywhere else besides the unit itself? Shouldn't Ooma have this code since we had to enter it when we setup the Telo?

Thanks.
#36123 by murphy
Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:35 am
tigercruise wrote:My Telo is at another location so I don't have access to it right now. Is the activation code absolutely necessary to get a replacement adapter? If so, is it anywhere else besides the unit itself? Shouldn't Ooma have this code since we had to enter it when we setup the Telo?

Thanks.

Giving them the activation code is the way that you prove that you actually have the Telo in your possession. They compare it with what is in your file.
#36190 by murphy
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:47 am
Davesworld wrote:In my case the activation code is the last six digits of the mac address with 1 added to the end as the seventh digit. Go to My Ooma and go to account then system, the mac address should be there to the right of the telo picture.

The "1" is a check digit and will not be the same for everyone.
#36198 by tigercruise
Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:23 am
murphy wrote:
Davesworld wrote:In my case the activation code is the last six digits of the mac address with 1 added to the end as the seventh digit. Go to My Ooma and go to account then system, the mac address should be there to the right of the telo picture.

The "1" is a check digit and will not be the same for everyone.

Oh damn, I already sent it in.We'll see if they send it to me.