Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35734 by JmPantalone
Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:38 pm
I Have two computers..A Mac and Windows 7.When Im using my home phone i cannot conect to the internet on my windows 7 computer... My mac connects with no problem.
Heres my setup:
DSL (att) to a 2wire gateway/router
Windows 7 to the 2wire gate way/router
Mac to the 2wire gateway/router
2wire gateway to the ooma hub( Not telo) ( ooma behind the 2wire gateway/router) heres what puzzeling me.
When i plug the windows 7 computer into the home port of the ooma hub everything is fine.
Please Help. Thankyou everbody
#35752 by JmPantalone
Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:55 pm
Its already set to that. Dont understand why my mac has no problem when using the home phone but windows 7 wont connect to the internet. Tryed different settings in windows 7 but still wont connect. Thanks again
#35761 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:40 pm
I'm not familiar with the 2 wire gateway router, is it wireless? Does your Win7 machine connect to it wirelessly? Do you use a 2.4 GHz phone? If yes to all these it could be an interference issue with the wireless router and the phone.
#35835 by JmPantalone
Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 am
It is a cordless phone .The 2wire gateway/router does have wireless but it is disabled.Both my computers are hard wired to the 2wire.When im not using the phone windows 7 will connect with no problems..Like i said my mac connects with no problems when im using my home phone...but windows 7 will not connect when the phone is in use.Im thinking its a windows 7 issue.....But what it is i dont understand
#35841 by Groundhound
Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:15 am
JmPantalone wrote:It is a cordless phone .The 2wire gateway/router does have wireless but it is disabled.Both my computers are hard wired to the 2wire.When im not using the phone windows 7 will connect with no problems..Like i said my mac connects with no problems when im using my home phone...but windows 7 will not connect when the phone is in use.Im thinking its a windows 7 issue.....But what it is i dont understand

Strange. Does your 2wire assign dynamic IP's to all three devices (mac, win7, ooma) and in the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx range?