Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35625 by sundeep607
Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm
Hello Fellow Ooma'ers,

I am enjoying my Ooma phone with annual Premier subscription and with no strings attached to POTS. Just read about the Telo deal at Costco. For $229, they are giving 6 months free premier and $100 international calling promotion.

If I was to purchase Telo from Costco, how would I be able to get the 6 months Premier (instead of the current 2 month free premier) and get the $100 international calling?

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks
Sundeep
#35655 by newma
Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:05 pm
I purchased one Telo and returned because it was defective. I was able to signup, connect and test the service before I replaced it. That one came with 2 months premier support. Now I purchased another from Costco with the deal that you described. I have emailed their tech support to find out if there is going to be any difficulties integrating the new Telo into my existing account, but have not heard anything from them. If their email support is anything like their phone support, they probably don't know the answer and have deleted the email days ago. I hope someone comes along with an answer to this.
#35658 by stocks22
Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:10 am
I am going to return my Telo and the Telo handsets I purchased, the second handset is not working YET. The customer support is non existent. I have wasted enough time trying to get the network port to work. It has no dial tone. I have tested it with phones, line testers, etc. I have the phone jack, but not the network home jack working and one Telo set that works, that's it. They refuse to offer any concessions for all my time spent on this POS.

I received a questionnaire about their service and filled it out. It was extensive. It was on their website after I received an email pointing me to it. Anyway, I filled it out, attempted to send and it sat there returning me to the same page. Just like the rest of the web site it is a useless POS.

This morning tried to add a telo handset and it does not appear on the website.

It's a POS company and I am over it. They have false advertising to boot!
#35671 by Groundhound
Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:07 am
stocks22 wrote: I have wasted enough time trying to get the network port to work. It has no dial tone. I have tested it with phones, line testers, etc. I have the phone jack, but not the network home jack working and one Telo set that works, that's it.

For anyone else who might read this and possibly be confused, the Home Network port is not intended to deliver dial tone. It is for connecting a computer to the Telo, or if running the Telo ahead of your router it is where the router's WAN port would connect. Dial tone is only delivered to the Phone port on the Telo.
#35691 by southsound
Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:36 am
stocks22 wrote:I am going to return my Telo and the Telo handsets I purchased, the second handset is not working YET. The customer support is non existent. I have wasted enough time trying to get the network port to work. It has no dial tone. I have tested it with phones, line testers, etc. I have the phone jack, but not the network home jack working and one Telo set that works, that's it. They refuse to offer any concessions for all my time spent on this POS.

I received a questionnaire about their service and filled it out. It was extensive. It was on their website after I received an email pointing me to it. Anyway, I filled it out, attempted to send and it sat there returning me to the same page. Just like the rest of the web site it is a useless POS.

This morning tried to add a telo handset and it does not appear on the website.

It's a POS company and I am over it. They have false advertising to boot!

Please return it with our best wishes. Some folks just aren't cut out to own or use modern technology that requires reading instructions, taking advice of fellow users, etc. Bye now, it has been great having your insightful wisdom grace our forum.

(In case you are wondering, the bit about being great to have you on the forum was meant as sarcasm.)
:P