Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35426 by SCmmaFAN
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:17 pm
Hi,

I just got Ooma and so far, so good. I had a 1.5+ hour conversation with my brother and we were both pleased overall.

I had a quick question about setting up our Caller ID name that will spread throughout the world. When I set up the account I didn't get an option to set the name like I've gotten with the Telco's we've used in the past. Is this possible or will it just use the account owner's name

Is there a section where I can set this to display my name and my wife's or maybe the family name, such as "XYZ Family"???

Thanks!
#35429 by oldanbo
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:31 pm
I've been around here for like 7 months or so and I think that this a good question. Thanks for asking that, I never thought about it before. As regards ooma, I think it may be the name we created our account with. But, I don't know.

I also would like to know the answer and I'm glad that you asked. Can a pro here help with this?

Cheers
#35450 by Groundhound
Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:51 pm
oldanbo wrote:I've been around here for like 7 months or so and I think that this a good question. Thanks for asking that, I never thought about it before. As regards ooma, I think it may be the name we created our account with. But, I don't know.

I also would like to know the answer and I'm glad that you asked. Can a pro here help with this?

Cheers

No pro here, but your caller ID name is viewable in my.ooma under Preferences > Phone numbers, then click on your number. You cannot change it yourself, it must be done by customer service and I think they charge $11.99 to change it.
#35484 by SCmmaFAN
Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:32 am
Groundhound wrote:No pro here, but your caller ID name is viewable in my.ooma under Preferences > Phone numbers, then click on your number. You cannot change it yourself, it must be done by customer service and I think they charge $11.99 to change it.

That's not so hot since you aren't given an option when you activate Ooma to set up your name and it just picks it automatically. I could understand paying a fee to change this once it's set by the user initially. I guess I can live with it.