Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35246 by krunk
Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:33 pm
cable modem ---ooma telo --- airport

NOW: 1 and 2 stay solid blue -- no change
BEFORE: bottom row would blink left to right or right to left not sure

tried square and trashcan reset. --- nothing

is this part of the downloading of new updates ??

thanks for your help!
#35253 by oldanbo
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:20 pm
If I remember correctly, the flashing lights across the bottom indicate that the reboot process is not complete.
Don't interrupt this process or you may have to start from ground zero, to my recollection.

Be patient, if I recall it could take 30 to 45 mins to complete.
#35275 by jmassimilla
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:28 am
krunk wrote:cable modem ---ooma telo --- airport

NOW: 1 and 2 stay solid blue -- no change
BEFORE: bottom row would blink left to right or right to left not sure

tried square and trashcan reset. --- nothing

is this part of the downloading of new updates ??

thanks for your help!

Yes , I believe the scrolling bottom keys when rebooting indicates that the telo is downloading an update.
#36794 by Groundhound
Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:21 pm
gnegron72 wrote:The exact same thing happened to me.

So your setup is exactly like the first post in this thread?
#36795 by Aveamantium
Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:21 pm
gnegron72 wrote:The exact same thing happened to me. Is this recoverable? If so, how? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the Ooma symbol blinking? If you just set it up, walk away and go do something for an hour or so. Mine took over half an hour to finish all of the setup process.
#36797 by gnegron72
Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:32 pm
Groundhound wrote:
gnegron72 wrote:The exact same thing happened to me.

So your setup is exactly like the first post in this thread?

Yes. When I first started it up, the links were blinking along the bottom row (from left to right). I was a dork and unplugged it. Now when I start it up, I get the 1 and 2 lights on (solid blue). It does nothing now, no dialtone.
#36798 by gnegron72
Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:32 pm
Aveamantium wrote:
gnegron72 wrote:The exact same thing happened to me. Is this recoverable? If so, how? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the Ooma symbol blinking? If you just set it up, walk away and go do something for an hour or so. Mine took over half an hour to finish all of the setup process.

The Ooma symbol is not blinking at all. Only the 1 and 2 lights are on (solid blue).
#36803 by Groundhound
Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 pm
gnegron72 wrote:Yes. When I first started it up, the links were blinking along the bottom row (from left to right). I was a dork and unplugged it. Now when I start it up, I get the 1 and 2 lights on (solid blue). It does nothing now, no dialtone.

Sounds like it was progressing with the initial update normally (takes 20-60 minutes typically) before you interrupted it. It could be bricked, you'll likely need to get help from tech support to see if they can detect it on their network.
#39661 by jhu
Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:03 am
I have the same problem.

My ooma telo setting is: Cable Modem -> Router -> ooma telo

After activation and update its firmware by following the instruction, the ooma telo worked perfectly and I made a few calls last night. However, the ooma telo stopped working and only 1, 2 stayed solid blue, no dial tone anymore this morning. Please help and thanks!