Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#1917 by leebowers
Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:07 pm
I just activated my ooma equipment but I have several questions before I install. I have a two-line phone system and want to import both numbers. Both are currently land lines. Can I keep one a land line and one a virtual line and still have them both going through the same base station - or do they both have to be either land or virtual? I assume I can have separate rings for each line, and separate outgoing messages? If I can keep one landline and one virtual, how do I set that up?

Thanks, Lee
#1959 by Bobby B
Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Hi Lee,

You can choose to have one number as a landline and port over your 2nd phone number as a virtual phone number. You can setup distinctive ringing on a per-number basis. If you choose to configure a personal device, you can setup two different voicemail greetings as well.

To setup your system to use your existing landline, you'll just need to contact support and they'll swap the operating mode of your ooma system to use your landline.

Thanks,
Bobby

leebowers wrote:I just activated my ooma equipment but I have several questions before I install. I have a two-line phone system and want to import both numbers. Both are currently land lines. Can I keep one a land line and one a virtual line and still have them both going through the same base station - or do they both have to be either land or virtual? I assume I can have separate rings for each line, and separate outgoing messages? If I can keep one landline and one virtual, how do I set that up?

Thanks, Lee