Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35182 by chaukka
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:24 am
I am trying to install an Ooma Hub. My configuration is Modem -> Router -> Hub. The Ooma tab is blue but 1) there is no Ooma dialtone and whenever I try to make a call the lights on Hub blink and turn red and I just hear beeps on the phone. If I end the call the ooma tab light turns blue again after a few moments. People can call my ooma number and hear rings which I dont hear and they can leave voice messages if the light is blue on my ooma. The ooma setup page shows

Home
Your ooma Network is Connected (xxxxxxxx)

Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connected

Phone Line: Disconnected

Ooma Services

Phone Setup: Your phone line is configured for the ooma network
Second Line: Enabled

Voice Mail: Enabled

Could someone please help me set up my ooma hub correctly.
Thanks
#35185 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 am
Couple of questions:
Do you have DSL?
Do you have anything connected to the WALL port of the hub?
Make sure you are connecting the MODEM port of the ooma hub to the router. (you probably are, just making sure)
Are you using a cordless phone connected to the PHONE port on the ooma hub?
You might try a corded phone just to make sure the cordless phone is not interfering with your wireless internet.

Let us know ...

Wayne
#35192 by chaukka
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 am
Do you have DSL? Nope
Do you have anything connected to the WALL port of the hub? No
Make sure you are connecting the MODEM port of the ooma hub to the router. (you probably are, just making sure) I did confirm that
Are you using a cordless phone connected to the PHONE port on the ooma hub? Yes
You might try a corded phone just to make sure the cordless phone is not interfering with your wireless internet.
I tried using the corded phone as well but still was unable to make/ receive calls.
#35200 by stocks22
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:13 am
Which OOMA setup page are you getting this info from? The web site or IP address off the computer/ooma hook up?

I cannot get my home network port on the ooma to work. I have tested it; no dial tone. Is that a configuration problem?
#35204 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:24 am
Do you have DSL? Nope
Do you have anything connected to the WALL port of the hub? No
Make sure you are connecting the MODEM port of the ooma hub to the router. (you probably are, just making sure) I did confirm that
Are you using a cordless phone connected to the PHONE port on the ooma hub? Yes
I tried using the corded phone as well but still was unable to make/ receive calls.

You're hub seems to be set up correctly. The setup page looks good.
I know this is going to sound elementary, but it almost seems like there is a bad phone cable attached. I would try a known working phone cable and a known working network cable, although it does seem like the network is working fine.

Wayne
Last edited by WayneDsr on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
#35205 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:25 am
stocks22 wrote:Which OOMA setup page are you getting this info from? The web site or IP address off the computer/ooma hook up?

I cannot get my home network port on the ooma to work. I have tested it; no dial tone. Is that a configuration problem?

stocks22: Do you have your ooma device connected between the modem and router or after the router (like you would a pc)?

Wayne
#35210 by Groundhound
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:50 am
chaukka,

I think Wayne's reply above where he suggests the possibility of a bad phone cable was intended for you, and I agree - it does sound like something amiss with the connection of the phone to the Hub. If not the phone or cable it could be a problem with the Hub's phone port (which would require an exchange).