Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35189 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:14 am
I'll have to second that. My Telo is up and running 100% . No problems with the HOME/Network port at all. I have a set of Panasonic cordless phones plugged into the Telo and the sound is great. Maybe you need to return the unit for a different one.
The forum is not a rant forum. If you need help ask for it. "help" is a much nicer 4 letter word.

Wayne
#35191 by stocks22
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:22 am
Greyhound,

It's obvious you are an employee of OOMA trying to save your job. LOL! LMAO!

Regardless, it's FREE SPEECH my man.

The reps are in the Phillipines, LOL! They are not helpful. They don't know what the home port is for the home network. I have spoken to 6 reps now. They don't call back even though they promise to and I have seen others with the same complaints.
#35193 by costanzo98031
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:30 am
stocks22 wrote:They are not helpful. They don't know what the home port is for the home network. I have spoken to 6 reps now. They don't call back even though they promise to and I have seen others with the same complaints.

Stocks22,

Here's my suggestion that might help resolve your problem faster. If you purchased your Telo within 30 days from a local store, just return it and purchase a new one. I had a similar problem with a part rattling inside. Once I got the new device, I activated the hub and called in and created a support ticket to change over the old phone number to the new equipment. I did this over a Sunday and was surprised with the quick response I got. The following day I got a call and they move the number over. In the end I was up and running on a new device.

Hope this helps.
#35201 by WayneDsr
Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:18 am
Groundhound wrote:stocks22,

I'm not an employee, just a customer. I'll reiterate, since you don't want help, go return your Ooma product for a refund.

I'll back that up, Groundhound is a user, just as I am. I would love to work for Ooma. We are both just plain ol' happy ooma users. When something doesn't work, we ask for help in the forum, rather than complain.
Regardless, it's FREE SPEECH my man

Free speech means responsible speech, my man....

Wayne
#35269 by Joshua
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:00 am
I'm new to Ooma & just bought the Telo, signed up to Premier, and all seems to work fine with Verizon FIOS. I wish I had waited before ordering 3 Telo handsets from Ooma online... haven't received them yet. If you Ooma people are reading this Please send me some that works.

All the ranting aside, how bad is this phone?
Do everyone have these problems?
What is the functional range from the Telo base?
What is the talk time & charge time?
Is the phone "freeze-up" problem fixed after the firmware / software update?
I really like the whole Ooma concept, including the Premier functions & costs. Just hope these handsets don't put me in the dog house.
#35284 by UrbanVoyeur
Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:05 am
Joshua wrote:All the ranting aside, how bad is this phone?
Do everyone have these problems?
What is the functional range from the Telo base?
What is the talk time & charge time?
Is the phone "freeze-up" problem fixed after the firmware / software update?

I'm new to Ooma - I have a Telo and a handset. Telo is great, the sound quality of the handset just ok - I get hissing in the background of all my calls, like the gain of the whole thing is cranked up too high, even though I have it set on minimum. I haven't had any dropped calls, echo or freezes. The system works just fine. I can't tell you much about the range - I have a small apartment. Battery life is at least 3 hours of talk with 50% indicator left and it charges up to full in less than an hour.

I'm going to keep the handset and buy a better dect 6 cordless phone, as the system sounds great with my regular phone.

IMO, from what I've read here, there have been some hardware quality control issues, along with a a number of issues that have been gradually addressed with firmware. But it doesn't sound any different than when the cable companies first rolled out their VOIP. Within a year, all the annoying problems were solved and the grumbling stopped.

My point is that it works now, and it is going to get better.
Last edited by UrbanVoyeur on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
#35341 by dsinternet
Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:07 pm
I am also new to Telo and Telo Handset. The Telo Handset is ok at best. I get the same hissing in the background of all my calls. Because of this I will be returning my Handset back to Amazon once my Premier Trial ends. Once I start seeing good things on the Forurm, I will sign up for a year of Premier and get the free Handset. I will live with my 5 year old cordless phone that sounds better then the new Telo Handset. My Telo system works great without the Telo Handset.
#35732 by wtnixon
Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:17 pm
I've bought and tried two different handsets from two different sources and guess what? The quality on both really suck. My 5.8ghz motorolas from 5 years ago sound better than these.