Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#35032 by Groundhound
Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:41 pm
costanzo98031 wrote:I am seriously debating if I want to package up the three telo handsets I bought from Best Buy and return them tomorrow. If I do this I will be emailing Ooma for a full refund of my premier subscription.

Just as a precaution, you may get better performance out of the one handset if you leave the others powered off (I'd remove the batteries), even though it appears that the Telo only allows one. Once multiple handsets are supported (hopefully next week) you can then power them back up.
#35035 by costanzo98031
Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:53 pm
Groundhound wrote: The fact that they incorporated that "artist conception" into the packaging compounded the error.

I agree. The photo of the handset's screen looks impressive until you open the packaging to find out it is way different. My first thought was I bought an older phone revision. To be honest, I could live with the screen only if the phone worked.

I am researching for a cordless phone now. Best Buy has a Panasonic handsets, just not sure which one to get. Any suggestions? Also, would want to make sure the voicemail indicator works on any new phone I have.
#35041 by costanzo98031
Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:50 pm
I tweeted, Richard B. yesterday, asking him to reach out to Eric to let him know there were many of us unhappy with the Telo handset. My message to Eric was to encourage him to read through these forums and comment on what was happening around the problems.

I just got a reply from Richard that he relayed this message. I would very much like to hear what Eric has to say about the problems surrounding the handset.

For those who do not know who RIchard and Eric are, they are the CMO and President of Ooma.
#35045 by allo
Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:35 pm
costanzo98031 wrote:I tweeted, Richard B. yesterday, asking him to reach out to Eric to let him know there were many of us unhappy with the Telo handset. My message to Eric was to encourage him to read through these forums and comment on what was happening around the problems...

I am pretty sure they are well aware of the problems ... specially if the sales /returns are not what they expected.
The question is what can they do about it... what course of actions will they take since updating the firmware will not solve many of the problems of the handset!
#35049 by oldanbo
Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:05 pm
see constanz, I told you that you're not alone with your impressions of the handset. :)

I just disagreed with your first solution. Anyway, I apologize for not making myself more clear. The "background activity" I was referring to was taking place in my house and I had to cut myself short after loosing my train of thought. It was nothing major in the house, more like a buzzing gnat type of thing.

I think your avatar is spot on. Apologies again.

Cheers.
#35084 by allo
Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:42 am
costanzo98031 wrote:...

I am researching for a cordless phone now. Best Buy has a Panasonic handsets, just not sure which one to get. Any suggestions? Also, would want to make sure the voicemail indicator works on any new phone I have.

Panasonic best systems (according to reviews) are:

KX-TG6433M Amazon has this set of 3 for $82 shipped (dark Grey)
KX-TG7433B Amazon has this set of 3 for $89 shipped (black)

the second set has the same technology as the first except that :
A- It is black instead of dark grey
B- It has double size LCD screen.
C- uses a Joy stick type for Menu

I have the second set and I am happy with it.

The " voicemail" works only if the Answering machine of the Panasonic System is the one activated (first).
I don't think any third party phone system will work/integrate ( ) with Ooma Voicemail.
#35085 by costanzo98031
Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:10 am
allo wrote:The " voicemail" works only if the Answering machine of the Panasonic System is the one activated (first).
I don't think any third party phone system will work/integrate ( ) with Ooma Voicemail.

Thanks for the suggestion! I am looking at the KX-TG7433B now. I like the large screen and the complete set of features it has to offer.

A few questions: Are you using the phone's built in voicemail or Ooma? Also, are you using this phone with a premier subscription or just the basic features that come standard with the Ooma Telo? Lastly, how does the phone display names that are long? Does the font size shrink to fit all the character or does it chop them off?

Thanks again.
#35086 by allo
Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:44 am
costanzo98031 wrote:
allo wrote:The " voicemail" works only if the Answering machine of the Panasonic System is the one activated (first).

Thanks for the suggestion! I am looking at the KX-TG7433B now. I like the large screen and the complete set of features it has to offer.

A few questions: Are you using the phone's built in voicemail or Ooma? Also, are you using this phone with a premier subscription or just the basic features that come standard with the Ooma Telo? Lastly, how does the phone display names that are long? Does the font size shrink to fit all the character or does it chop them off?

Thanks again.

I am using the Panasonic Answering machine first, and when Full (15min), the Ooma voicemail takes over.
(to do this: set Pana VM to answer after 4 Rings... and the Ooma after 5-6 rings).
The screen holds 6 ( large font) lines… (display fonts do shrink for Callers List ... otherwise do not shrink when entering in the Phone book and long names are chopped).
Each line displays 12-14 characters. (8 ch. when Entering/Typing because it uses larger fonts than when in display mode)
Right now I am using just the basic features.

Here you can find the User Manual :
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMAN ... 31-MUL.PDF

A final note: anybody considering a Panasonic System should be aware that the labeling system by Panasonic is MISLEADING !

Don't think that this model: KX-TG9333T is better than KX-TG7433B/6433 because it is a higher number... It is not !
Before getting the 7433, I bought the 9333 at Staples for $60 after rebate, and the quality and the battery holding period is not very good... one phone of the set has such a short time holding the charge that it reminds me of the Telo Handset. The other 2 units hold the charge longer... but still not as good as the 7433...even though they use the same batteries ( I may someday call Panasonic to see if they would replace it.)

#35184 by stocks22
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:36 am
Not only do the Telo sets not work but the home network port on the Telo unit does not work either.

It's a piece of shit. The reps don't want to help. They are in the Phillipines and don't care. Your Telo will be trashed by next year and all will want their money back. I do.

I think a class action suit is on tap.
#35186 by Groundhound
Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:52 am
stocks22 wrote:Not only do the Telo sets not work but the home network port on the Telo unit does not work either.

It's a piece of shit. The reps don't want to help. They are in the Phillipines and don't care. Your Telo will be trashed by next year and all will want their money back. I do.

I think a class action suit is on tap.

The home network port works just fine for most folks, including me. No one here can help you because you haven't requested any help with a complete description of your problem and your setup. Venting and making threats may make you feel better, but if you don't want a resolution to your problem then I'd recommend you just return it for a refund. I've no idea about Ooma's policy regarding threats of lawsuits, but with some companies once such a threat is made, all employees are forbidden from further contact of any type with the threatening party without the presence of the corporate legal rep. Obviously Ooma is not going to do that in this case, but such threats could leave you without the ability to get help from any Ooma employee and refund as your only recourse.