Changed routers and having problems!

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Post Reply
gt2192c
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:55 pm

Changed routers and having problems!

Post by gt2192c » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:01 pm

Please help! Our router died last night and we just replaced it today with a new Belkin Router. We installed our new router with the same set-up as our old one - as recommended on page 30 of the Ooma User Guide. We can connect and get the blue "Ooma". We do hear the Ooma dialtone, but when we make a phone call we cannot hear the other person and they cannot hear us! We also tried playing voicemail (from pressing the play button on the hub) and it cuts off after the 1st word! We have searched for help online, tried static IP, etc... Please help! Thank you. We have verified that our Ooma equipment does work as we have removed the Belkin router and connected Ooma hub direct to our incoming connection.

murphy
Posts: 7165
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Changed routers and having problems!

Post by murphy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:05 pm

It sounds like you have the ooma behind the router. Put the IP address that the router assigns to the ooma in the router's DMZ zone.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

costanzo98031
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:01 am
Location: Kent, WA

Re: Changed routers and having problems!

Post by costanzo98031 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:09 pm

Sound like your firewall might be blocking the network traffic to the Ooma device ... If you are placing the Ooma hub behind the Belkin, I would suggest placing the Ooma's IP address in the router's DMZ zone. To do that, simply make sure the Ooma has a statically assigned IP address, for example, 192.168.0.100, then go into the Belkin;s router and find the DMZ settings page to place this IP address in the field. Once you are done saving the settings, power cycle everything and test.

Also, you may need to experiment with the Belkin router's QOS settings if it has this feature.

Hope this helps.

raxxal
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: Changed routers and having problems!

Post by raxxal » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:33 am

I had the exact same problem, it was all firewall related. Check that out carefully. Try to clear the firewall setting to the default values.

funone46
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: Changed routers and having problems!

Post by funone46 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:11 am

I have changed my router last weekend from a Linksys to a Belkin. Did not have any problems at all
Ooma customer since Febuary 2009 - savings so far $ 1000.00
Ooma hardware Hub/Scout
LIFETIME PREMIER MEMBER

Post Reply