Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#36111 by larry j
Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:09 am
RickO wrote:I asked the Broadview technician to program my system to have updates come in at noon instead of at night. He told me that there isn't a way to control the update schedule.

Ah, thanks for the info. I thought I had read in another post here that someone had the update time changed, but maybe not.
#36201 by doctorwizz
Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:49 am
*99 pause did not help.I give up. Sending the ooma HUB back to Newegg :cry: The ooma does not send DTMF reliably enough to use with my home alarm system. The alarm panel is making way to many calls for one alarm when it should be just ONE call like using a landline.

I have seen other posts about outgoing DTMF not working properly. Something is wrong.

Anyone know if the Telo sends DTMF more reliably? Maybe the new codec will improve this?
#36249 by raxxal
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:07 pm
I am using a GSM alarm system, a complete wireless alarm. Check frontpointsecurity.com for more info. I am really happy with this system. Of course, my TELO don't have to do anything with the Internet line.
#52039 by lbmofo
Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:29 pm
RickO wrote:I'm having a Broadview, (Brinks), technician over tomorrow to connect the alarm system with my ooma hub. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with using the high bandwidth codec option, along with (,,tt) in lieu of having to use the prefix (,,tt*99) to dial out.
I guess that it's probably best to wire the hub directly into the alarm panel using a splitter.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Any insight and advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

What is (,,tt*99)? and (,,tt)?
#52040 by RickO
Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:02 am
lbmofo wrote:
What is (,,tt*99)? and (,,tt)?

I believe that:
,, = pause, pause
tt = touch tone
*99= g711 codec
The alarm system has worked great since it was programmed with this prefix. The technician was familiar with using ,,tt*99. Broadview did this without charge.
#52646 by joruan525
Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 am
I had Charter telephone with Broadview / Brinks. Just setup ooma with Broadview / Brinks...seams to be working so far.

I didn't have to change any settings...don't know if ,,tt*99 was already setup because of Charter telephone.
#52657 by lbmofo
Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:54 am
I have a Safewatch Pro 3000EN which is pretty much an Ademco Vista-20P just like Safewatch Pro 3000 is. I recently setup an ooma Hub and doing some testing on how the Hub works with the ADT alarm.

I found that with *99 dialing prefix, the call out to alarm central (dial out test through the keypad panel which includes some kind of handshake) fails 100% of the time with 16 attempts each time.

Without the *99 prefix, the dial outs are a hit and miss; sometimes the dial out completes on the 1st try but sometimes after 5 or more tries (the successive call out attempts happen within seconds but generally successful after 5 tries means 5 minutes later).

Then I found out that using *70 prefix (disable call waiting) improves the reliability of the call outs to alarm central (not sure why because I am sure no one was calling me when I was doing these tests). With *70 prefix, most of the time, the alarm call out is successfully on 1st attempt and on 2nd attempt at worst (this would be within 2 minutes).

I am still testing this when I have time so once I am done with my findings, I'll provide an update.
#56056 by Lilly's_Closet
Wed May 19, 2010 1:07 pm
I had to change 3 settings in my ADT GE Concord 4 alarm to have to dial out successfully to the ADT monitoring center. All the setting are under programming and you will need to have the installer code to make the changes. In addition you have to have the alarm wired correctly to have line interrupt to work.
1. Changed setting in the alarm from (wait for dial tone) to (dial out after waiting a few seconds)
2. Changed the setting in the alarm under (disable caller id) to use the fax prefix of *99. So basically you have to call OOMA to have them disable caller ID, you can’t just enter a disable code like telco. So this setting is useless to me except that it allows me to enter the *99. Originally added a pause and *99 at the beginning of the caller center number but that only worked 50 % of the time.
3. Changed the SIA/CID reporting from CID to SIA- I think that this is was really the fixed it but I haven’t tried it with only this setting.
Of Note: Most alarm systems have a built-in line voltage meter on the phone line. This is why you will receive a message on the alarm when you alarm is disconnected from a phone line. However, the absence of this message DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ALARM CAN CALL HOME, only that the alarm is detecting voltage on the phone line.

To truly test that you alarm can call home you either need to do a phone test from the console or call the alarm company and have them put your alarm in test mode and then set off the alarm. Also you need to do a line interrupt test to make sure it can still dial out after the burglar takes the phone off the hook. Easy enough call the alarm company from your ooma phone and then when the alarm dials out it will have to disconnect you first. Many of the people I have spoken to on this forum who claim to have ADT working were sadly disappointed when then did a phone home test to the central monitoring office. They incorrectly thought that if the alarm is not complaining about not having a phone line then the alarm is working. Good luck and I hope that this helps. It certainly took me long enough to figure it out.
#56094 by lbmofo
Wed May 19, 2010 9:06 pm
Lilly's_Closet wrote:Changed the setting in the alarm under (disable caller id) to use the fax prefix of *99. So basically you have to call OOMA to have them disable caller ID, you can’t just enter a disable code like telco. So this setting is useless to me except that it allows me to enter the *99. Originally added a pause and *99 at the beginning of the caller center number but that only worked 50 % of the time.

Disable caller ID? Does that help? Or did you mean disable call waiting?