Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#34239 by cpaul_ct
Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:10 pm
Hi,

I've had the Ooma for about a week. Had the Ooma in both positions on my network:

Cable Modem -> Ooma -> Airport Extreme Base Station

Cable Modem -> Airport Extreme Base Station -> Ooma

and I keep having a reoccurring issue where the Ooma will become unresponsive, with only the 1 & 2 lights lit up on the face of the device. Unplugging the power resets it and returns it to a normal condition for a period of time, but it eventually goes offline again. This is not good.

It does this with the Ooma in both of the network setups described above. My internet is quite stable and I've never had any of these types of problems with my Vonage device (just started the number transfer process and I'm thinking now I might have been a little to quick to switch...).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
#34240 by hpepper
Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:11 pm
Do you have the Telo or the older Hub/Scout?

Do you have DSL or cable or other?

Also, do you hae a landline integrated with the Ooma system? :)

Oh... and welcome to Ooma and the forums.
Last edited by hpepper on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#34245 by murphy
Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:39 pm
If 1 & 2 were lit blue it was probably trying to update the firmware. Leave it alone until it's done. Removing it's power at just the wrong time can turn it into the equivalent of a brick.
#34249 by oldanbo
Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:04 pm
cpaul_ct wrote:Hi,

I've had the Ooma for about a week. Had the Ooma in both positions on my network:

Cable Modem -> Ooma -> Airport Extreme Base Station

Cable Modem -> Airport Extreme Base Station -> Ooma

and I keep having a reoccurring issue where the Ooma will become unresponsive, with only the 1 & 2 lights lit up on the face of the device. Unplugging the power resets it and returns it to a normal condition for a period of time, but it eventually goes offline again. This is not good.

It does this with the Ooma in both of the network setups described above. My internet is quite stable and I've never had any of these types of problems with my Vonage device (just started the number transfer process and I'm thinking now I might have been a little to quick to switch...).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pardon my ignorance but what is an Airport Extreme Base Station? Is that the equivalent to a pc/laptop or router?

I'm thinking that you need to reboot the cable modem, Airport, Telo in the proper sequence. I just don't know what the Airport is, sorry.

Regards,
Dan