Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#34149 by Rayman4449
Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:17 pm
I just got my OOMA setup and I'm trying to get access to the OOMA setup via http://setup.ooma.com and I get a title bar across the top that says OOMA setup and a navigation window on the left with Home, Settings, Network, Advanced, Status, etc but in the main window it says Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Any ideas? I'm running Windows 7 (32bit) with IE8.0. I've already selected compatibility mode and it still doesn't work. Not sure what I'm missing here.

Raymond
#34152 by costanzo98031
Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:28 pm
You just need to plug a ethernet cable from the back of the ooma telo hub to your computer then reboot your pc. This should place your computer on the same subnet the hub is on and will allow you to access the setup page.

Also, if you are installing the hub behind a router, you might want to consider assigning it a static IP address then placing that IP address within routers DMZ.
#34154 by WayneDsr
Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:41 pm
Rayman4449 wrote:I just got my OOMA setup and I'm trying to get access to the OOMA setup via http://setup.ooma.com and I get a title bar across the top that says OOMA setup and a navigation window on the left with Home, Settings, Network, Advanced, Status, etc but in the main window it says Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. Any ideas? I'm running Windows 7 (32bit) with IE8.0. I've already selected compatibility mode and it still doesn't work. Not sure what I'm missing here.

Raymond

Temporarily disable your anti-virus program. Some programs, especially Kaspersky block the ooma setup page.

Wayne
#34158 by Rayman4449
Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:06 pm
Thanks a bunch for the quick replies. I'm not sure what was going on in this case, but I do run Kaspersky and already had it disabled, but i may have taken a minute or two to clear.

Thank you again. I'm up and running now. :)

Raymond