Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#34127 by Christyson
Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:13 pm
I have the Ooma Hub which is set up in my basement where my modem and router are located. I then have a Scout in my kitchen so that I do not have to go to the basement to check my messages. If I get a Telo, is there a way to set it up in my kitchen, or would I need to go to my basement to check my messages?
Thanks in advance for your help!
#34128 by Groundhound
Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:46 pm
Christyson wrote:I have the Ooma Hub which is set up in my basement where my modem and router are located. I then have a Scout in my kitchen so that I do not have to go to the basement to check my messages. If I get a Telo, is there a way to set it up in my kitchen, or would I need to go to my basement to check my messages?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Like the Hub, the Telo must be connected to your modem or router via Ethernet cable, but the Telo Handset is as easy to check VM messages with as the Scout is and the Telo Handset is wireless. Of course, with any phone connected to either the Hub or Telo, you can check VM simply by dialing your own number.
#34133 by Christyson
Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:57 pm
One other question: RIght now I have a Panasonic Dect set connected to my Scout. If I have the Telo in the basement and a Telo Handset in my kitchen, may I continue to use the Panasonic Dect phones? Would the base need to be connected to the Telo in my basement and then the satellite phones could be around the house? Or can the base plug into the wall jack? Or would I then need to use all Telo Handsets?
#34136 by Groundhound
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:03 pm
Christyson wrote:One other question: RIght now I have a Panasonic Dect set connected to my Scout. If I have the Telo in the basement and a Telo Handset in my kitchen, may I continue to use the Panasonic Dect phones? Would the base need to be connected to the Telo in my basement and then the satellite phones could be around the house? Or can the base plug into the wall jack? Or would I then need to use all Telo Handsets?

Yes, your Panasonic base would need to be connected to the Telo, but usually it's easy to connect the phone port of the Telo (or Hub) to your home phone wiring so the Panasonic base can be physically located elsewhere. You can read about this here: http://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgebase/distributing-ooma-dialtone-all-phone-jacks