Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#34109 by SullyVB8
Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:56 pm
I looked through the forum and got exhausted looking, so I'm just going to post a new topic for an old problem. ;)

Our Ooma Hub works GREAT! We use to have our phone service thru a cable provider and thought we had phone wiring right next to our internet cable line... but NOOOO! That's not the case. :shock: The wall panel has a four port outlet (one for cable internet, three for phone/fax ports). Looking behind at the wiring, the three ports for the phone/fax are just daisy chained together and there is only ONE wiring - the cable for internet - is coming from the house.

So... we thought we were able to just plug in the phone wire from the Hub to one of the phone/fax wall ports and away we go with the Scout throughout the house using the internal wiring. Well... there is no internal phone line wiring for the house at that spot. There IS phone line internal wiring in the house... but pretty far away form where the Hub is located on the first floor. We don't want to run a LONG phone line wiring from the Hub to the phone jack which is a ways away.

Is there some sort of wireless adapter that would give us a set up like... :arrow:
Ooma Hub (in office) connected to a wireless adapter that would help us connect to a phone jack downstairs (in kitchen), so we can use the Scout in a different room (bedroom) upstairs thru the internal phone wiring?

We want to use the scout for our second line upstairs.

WHEW... please ask for any clarification and I will help. :) Thank you in advance.
#34111 by SullyVB8
Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:13 pm
Do any of you have this set up??

Ooma Hub connected to the base wireless adapter... Extension unit to the upstairs phone outlet to hook up the Scout... OR... Extension unit to the kitchen phone outlet that would let me use the internal phone wiring for the upstairs room to connect to the Scout.

This is what I found on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/RTX-RTX3241S-DUAL ... t_edpp_url
#34112 by Groundhound
Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:27 pm
SullyVB8 wrote:Our Ooma Hub works GREAT! We use to have our phone service thru a cable provider and thought we had phone wiring right next to our internet cable line... but NOOOO! That's not the case. :shock: The wall panel has a four port outlet (one for cable internet, three for phone/fax ports). Looking behind at the wiring, the three ports for the phone/fax are just daisy chained together and there is only ONE wiring - the cable for internet - is coming from the house.

I'm guessing that you did not buy the house new and a previous owner put in that multiple jack box & plate. Since the room is upstairs it is likely that the cable runs from the jack into the attic (unless it's on an outside wall), and finding the hole in the top of the stud header would probably not be too difficult if you wanted to pull phone wire through the same hole as the cable uses to enable those jacks. Interconnecting that phone wire to the rest of your home's phone wiring could be a bit trickier depending on how your home's phone wiring is laid out, but if you know a bit about how to do it or are willing to do a little research to learn it may turn out to be your best option.