Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#33976 by CoolDil
Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:27 pm
Setup:

Ooma Hub - activated with a standalone number from Ooma. NOT connected to the landline.
Landline - Full service landline.

Is it possible to have calls made from the Ooma line show up on the recipient's callerID as the landline number? In other words, I want Ooma to spoof the callerID information from my landline?

Yes, I know the above is possible if I use Ooma configured with the "integrated line" option. However, I also want the ability to call the Ooma line directly on its own number (which would be distinct from the landline number). If I understand the integrated line option, there is NO dedicated distinct number assigned to the Ooma hub and as such cannot be "called" directly (or in other words, Ooma cannot receive incoming calls).

Due to my paranoid nature, I cannot get rid of the landline completely and simply port the landline number to Ooma. With elderly parents and small kids in the house, I need the "full" 911 capabilities of the landline. E911 provided by Ooma is NOT sufficient.

Is what I am looking for even possible? I am getting tired of folks asking me if I have changed my phone number and worse yet returning my calls on the Ooma line (since they simply dial the number shown on their callerID) :-).
#33991 by WayneDsr
Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:38 pm
Ooma cannot spoof the caller id in that case.

Ooma integrated with a landline allows the landline to ring in on the Ooma Hub. Call the landline number and Ooma rings.
With Premier service you can also get a second number from ooma. The landline would be the main number and show on the caller id when you make a call out from the hub.

Also, on your landline you need to have caller ID in order for ID to show on Ooma and you must have Call Forward on Busy so Call waiting will work on the Ooma Hub.

I hope I've understood your needs.

Wayne
#34001 by Wilsonium
Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:43 pm
I'm not sure if this is possible on the Ooma Core but my Ooma Telo does spoof my landline number with landline integration. I can disconnect my Telo from my landline and still make calls that show my landline caller ID information. So, the question is if the Ooma Core will support this as well. Maybe Dennis can confirm this is possible or not with the Ooma Core.
#34027 by WayneDsr
Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:08 am
Wilsonium wrote:I'm not sure if this is possible on the Ooma Core but my Ooma Telo does spoof my landline number with landline integration. I can disconnect my Telo from my landline and still make calls that show my landline caller ID information. So, the question is if the Ooma Core will support this as well. Maybe Dennis can confirm this is possible or not with the Ooma Core.

His first question was if ooma could spoof his caller id with landline NOT integrated, which is not possible.
When the number is intergrated then ooma actually uses the number (hub or telo).

Wayne
#34039 by CoolDil
Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:06 am
Thank you for the responses Wayne and Wilson!

So looks like I have the following options:

1. Integrate the landline, subscribe to premier and get a "secondary" number assigned.
2. Stick with status quo and live with the fact that outgoing calls from Ooma show a different number

decisions decisions....
#34074 by WayneDsr
Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:16 pm
Allow me to help with your decision.
Blacklist and multi-ring do not work with an integrated landline at the present time.

Wayne