Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#33732 by sundeep607
Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:18 pm
Hello,
I recently purchased Telo and installed between my cable modem (RCA) and Linksys Router (WRT320N). The internet speed (checked through speedtest.net) prior to connecting to Telo was D/L=20Mbps U/L=over 5Mbps. Even after connecting the Telo the speed was the same for couple of weeks.

For last couple of days the speed has been D/L=20Mbps, U/L = 0.35Mpbs. To narrow down the problem I performed the following test:
1. Connected machine directly to Modem (so no Wireless Router and no Telo), D/L=20Mbps, U/L=5Mbps
2. Connected machine through wireless Router and Modem (so no Telo), D/L=20Mbps, U/L=5Mbps
3. Connected machine as Modem->Telo->Router->Computer, D/L=20Mbps, U/L = 0.35Mpbs

Has anyone faced similar problem? What seems to be the problem.
Thanks,
Sundeep
#33758 by Dennis P
Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 pm
There is an issue with the current release of software on the Telo where upstream QoS is in effect even when no call is in progress. This, by default, will limit upstream bandwidth to 384k unless you change the QoS parameter to match your actual upstream in http://setup.ooma.com (when connected to the HOME NETWORK port of the Telo). We have the fix for this issue which will roll out in the next upgrade probably next week sometime.
#34418 by murphy
Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:26 pm
jann wrote:
Dennis P wrote:We have the fix for this issue which will roll out in the next upgrade probably next week sometime.

Has this rolled out yet?

J

No.