Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#33430 by Dennis P
Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:34 pm
30241 has only minimal support for the handset. The 31387 release is still rolling out and should be complete in a couple of hours. A reboot does not force an upgrade, so please be patient until our servers can get to yours. Thanks.
#33432 by jstock
Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:39 pm
Thanks for the replies. I will be patient. I'm a Unix Administrator by day so I'm not used to being on user side of the update fence very often.
#33446 by jstock
Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:29 pm
Would be interesting to know that. The main reason I bought Ooma as opposed to joe blow voip provider was because I understand the benefits of a secure VPN tunnel. I like my packets to be hard to snoop on. I didn't find other providers offering secure connections. Somewhat amazing with the weaknesses of the SIP protocol, but if people are willing to not understand the technology and risks before jumping on a bandwagon, it's their right.
#33448 by Wiz_Bang
Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:37 pm
OpenVMS admin here, and one of the many reason I chose this product. Hey I have fun Unix command for you to try

Rm -r / and tell your results...... LOL!!! :cool:
#33449 by jstock
Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:46 pm
I've done that for fun (only after a full backup though) Last time I had the pleasure, I was showing a friend of mine how even Mac OS X will let end users be idiots if they really insist :D
#33450 by Wiz_Bang
Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:57 pm
You can do something similar in OpenVMS, not that I would really want to try it. LOL! I actually managed at former employer some Solaris servers, so I am pretty well versed in a few other OS's as well.
#33451 by oldanbo
Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:00 pm
Wiz_Bang wrote:OpenVMS admin here, and one of the many reason I chose this product. Hey I have fun Unix command for you to try

Rm -r / and tell your results...... LOL!!! :cool:

C'mon Wiz....not fair, some neophyte may try it. At least my jest was not destructive.
#33452 by jstock
Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:06 pm
I'm forced to admin Solaris running on hardware with not nearly enough disk space or other resources. It has caused me to make up my own little songs, with the majority of the words not fit to post here or repeat in mixed company.

From what I've heard of VMS, I doubt it's much better. Never had the pleasure of using it though.
#33508 by Wiz_Bang
Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:49 am
VMS is 30+ years old and holds the world record for uptimes. Last time I looked it was something like 18 years. Tell me a single unix box that has been up for that long?? I believe their somewhere in the range of 4 years. Not that I am dissing Unix but I can tell you this, our country runs some the most secure systems on VMS, and I have personally worked on them. :cool:

I believe wikipedia is off on the time, but I somehow can't find the University link with the information. Here is the wikipedia link for all those geeks like myself interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uptime

Wiki has it at:

11 years, 303 days, 20 hours and 57