Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#33403 by jstock
Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:47 pm
I don't appear to have an information option under the handset menus that Dennis P referred to in the Ooma Telo 31387 Release Notes. Does this mean my handset, or the Telo itself hasn't updated from an older software version yet? I tried the Handset SW Update under Handset Settings, but it appears to do nothing.

The handset is registered, it just seems odd that I'm not seeing the version info if I'm supposed to.
#33411 by Groundhound
Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:04 pm
jstock wrote:I don't appear to have an information option under the handset menus that Dennis P referred to in the Ooma Telo 31387 Release Notes. Does this mean my handset, or the Telo itself hasn't updated from an older software version yet? I tried the Handset SW Update under Handset Settings, but it appears to do nothing.

The handset is registered, it just seems odd that I'm not seeing the version info if I'm supposed to.

The Information selection must be scrolled down to view. When you first press Menu it is below the bottom of the screen.
#33413 by jstock
Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:11 pm
Weird then maybe I don't have the latest software because I see

Menu:
Service Settings
Phone Settings
Sound Settings
Handset Setup

There isn't any ability to scroll on this top level that I can see, I hit the down arrow several times just in case.
I also don't see that info under any of the sub menus of those listed above.
#33422 by jstock
Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:24 pm
Device Status - Rev: 1.30241

This confused me because I expected this to change. I've power cycled the Telo twice. It's strange that it's not picking up an update if it should be, yet the handset registration worked.
#33427 by WayneDsr
Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:28 pm
jstock wrote:Device Status - Rev: 1.30241

This confused me because I expected this to change. I've power cycled the Telo twice. It's strange that it's not picking up an update if it should be, yet the handset registration worked.

Telo update may not have reached you yet. They are going out over night.

Wayne
#33428 by jstock
Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:30 pm
Does the Telo randomly poll for updates, or is it only on power cycle? I don't think I've been an Ooma user long enough to have seen an update beyond the initial software download when I brought the Telo home.
#33429 by WayneDsr
Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:33 pm
jstock wrote:Does the Telo randomly poll for updates, or is it only on power cycle? I don't think I've been an Ooma user long enough to have seen an update beyond the initial software download when I brought the Telo home.

You will get the update automatically.

Wayne