Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#33199 by Ham
Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:49 am
I would like to remove the Hub from between the router and the modem and make it just another device connected to a router port. Is this possible? I just tried it with just the home port on the Hub connected to a router port and it did not work.

Thanks for your help if you have this connection working or know how to get it working.
#33202 by Groundhound
Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:14 am
Ham wrote:I would like to remove the Hub from between the router and the modem and make it just another device connected to a router port. Is this possible? I just tried it with just the home port on the Hub connected to a router port and it did not work.

Thanks for your help if you have this connection working or know how to get it working.

Connect the Modem port on the Hub to your router port.
#33205 by Ham
Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:36 am
Groundhound wrote:
Ham wrote:I would like to remove the Hub from between the router and the modem and make it just another device connected to a router port. Is this possible? I just tried it with just the home port on the Hub connected to a router port and it did not work.

Thanks. I did have that connected. Everything else on the network was functioning and I was able to get to the internet. But the Hub had the flashing red light on the upper left with no dial tone.
#33208 by Ham
Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:47 am
Ham wrote:
Groundhound wrote:

Thanks. I did have that connected. Everything else on the network was functioning and I was able to get to the internet. But the Hub had the flashing red light on the upper left with no dial tone.

Thank you. Thank you. I tried it again, this time removing the power long enough and allowing the Hub to reset itself. It worked.