Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#33063 by tesla2
Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:48 pm
I saw the following tweet from Rich Buchanan (Ooma's Chief Marketing Officer):

"don't rush to buy multiple handsets yet. Software for 4 units at a time is still in beta. One will work fine this Monday."

Does this mean that as of Monday we cannot use more than one handset? Ooma...please clarify. I was going to pick up 4 handsets at Best Buy this weekend.
#33064 by murphy
Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 pm
If that's what he said, then it's obvious that only one will work or he wouldn't have made the statement.
#33066 by Groundhound
Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:05 pm
tesla2 wrote:Does this mean that as of Monday we cannot use more than one handset? Ooma...please clarify.

Seeing as he's CMO, I'd say that's about as clear a statement as you can expect.
#33072 by daet
Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:10 pm
tesla2 wrote:IDoes this mean that as of Monday we cannot use more than one handset? Ooma...please clarify. I was going to pick up 4 handsets at Best Buy this weekend.

It means that only one handset will be supported as on Monday, with support for the other three expected in the future.

DG
#33089 by tesla2
Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:01 pm
daet wrote:
tesla2 wrote:IDoes this mean that as of Monday we cannot use more than one handset? Ooma...please clarify. I was going to pick up 4 handsets at Best Buy this weekend.

It means that only one handset will be supported as on Monday, with support for the other three expected in the future.

DG

"the future" is what worries me. Days? Weeks? Months?
#33105 by Bobby B
Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:23 pm
We're planning to release a Telo software update to support one handset this weekend. We're close to getting a release into testing that will support 2 or more handsets. The goal is to get the multi-handset software update out to everyone by December 1st (the wording on my.ooma.com/pin will reflect this over the weekend).

tesla2 wrote:"the future" is what worries me. Days? Weeks? Months?
#37762 by oldanbo
Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:20 pm
the future looks bright. Just a feeling on my part, I'm thinking that ooma may have a christmas present in store for us.
(At least I hope so).

Cheers