Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#32920 by PrivateIdaho
Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:32 am
Surprise. Disconnecting my Dish receiver from my eithernet network did not work. Still get a phantom call every 30 minutes. It must have something to do with DSL line. That is all I can figure. But I have DSL filters in place.
#32953 by Bobby B
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:19 pm
PrivateIdaho - I'd like to look in your device logs when this phantom call happened. I'll send you an e-mail so I can get the exact times.
#32967 by Bobby B
Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:30 pm
A blurb from an email sent over to PrivateIdaho -- we'll be actively working on troubleshooting this one further:

"Yes, I see in your logs, every 30 minutes your phone is ringing (at least from Yesterday's logs). We're working on debugging the exact problem right now. This is being tracked internally under bug 6461 (Phantom calls on landline Telo every 30 minutes). We believe it has something to do with some sort of signaling that is being sent from the Telco provider"
#32985 by peitsche
Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:34 pm
PrivateIdaho wrote:Surprise. Disconnecting my Dish receiver from my eithernet network did not work. Still get a phantom call every 30 minutes. It must have something to do with DSL line. That is all I can figure. But I have DSL filters in place.

thanks for the update. I have cancelled my AT&T voicemail service which should be effective tomorrow. Once that happens I will hook up the Telo again and see if the phantom calls continue...
#32986 by peitsche
Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:36 pm
Bobby B wrote:A blurb from an email sent over to PrivateIdaho -- we'll be actively working on troubleshooting this one further:

"Yes, I see in your logs, every 30 minutes your phone is ringing (at least from Yesterday's logs). We're working on debugging the exact problem right now. This is being tracked internally under bug 6461 (Phantom calls on landline Telo every 30 minutes). We believe it has something to do with some sort of signaling that is being sent from the Telco provider"

Bobby, I'm glad you guys are investigating this now. I am ready to return the Telo if this can't be fixed...
#33020 by peitsche
Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:04 am
peitsche wrote:thanks for the update. I have cancelled my AT&T voicemail service which should be effective tomorrow. Once that happens I will hook up the Telo again and see if the phantom calls continue...

AT&T's voicemail service is no longer active and I have plugged the landline back into the Telo. That was about two hours ago. So far, I have gotten only one phantom call during that time... :o

I will keep you guys updated...
#33038 by peitsche
Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:56 am
peitsche wrote:
AT&T's voicemail service is no longer active and I have plugged the landline back into the Telo. That was about two hours ago. So far, I have gotten only one phantom call during that time... :o

I will keep you guys updated...

I kinda figured I might be onto something with the local telco voicemail service...no other phantom call so far... :)
#33189 by peitsche
Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:28 am
peitsche wrote:I kinda figured I might be onto something with the local telco voicemail service...no other phantom call so far... :)

I have not gotten any more phantom calls in over 24 hours now. I am fairly confident to assume that Telo did not like AT&T's voicemail service. Now that it is removed, Telo is doing fine. :D However, the lack of an incoming CallerID still makes this landline integration frustrating. :x