Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#1779 by jross
Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:35 pm
Ok, I've got everything up and running. My only problem is trying to get my number ported over. I have the free premium trial, and plan to order the premium service, but I hesitate to order it since I can't seem to get a hold of anyone to actually port my number over.

I've called and left my name and number 3 times now, and no return calls. What use is this service to me if I can't get my phone number moved over?

I read in another thread that there may be an online for to fill out and email in. Is it available to download somewhere? If not, can a moderator here email it to me?

I understand that sales have outpaced support. If I owned the company the support phones would be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until the backlog was cleared. I'd have everyone work 12 hour shifts until all the customers were called back, and have the people available after their normal business hours for those of us willing to call after hours...
#1781 by kagy
Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:03 pm
I agree with everything you said. I was in the same boat, and it took me three business days to get them to answer the phone. They won't call you back, so don't hold your breath on that one.

On a positive note, I finally got hold of support yesterday (Jan. 5) to have my number ported over. Was on hold about 4 minutes when they picked up. Then again today I had reason to call them - crossed my fingers and called, and what do you know - they picked up again after about a four minute hold. I can say this: they were quite helpful once I got through, and seemed genuinely apologetic about the delays. It's not their fault, after all - it's the owners and managers. This company could be the next AT&T if they get their act together.

Keep calling. You need to get hold of someone to port your number. No downloads. Try in the middle of the day.
#1784 by skellener
Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:29 am
kagy wrote:This company could be the next AT&T if they get their act together.
Yikes! I sure hope not. ;)
#1785 by Yankee
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:15 am
Me too. Spent much longer on the phone with AT&T than OOMA.
#1789 by jross
Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:23 am
Actually, I have A T & T currently, and I have NO problems with the service, and I can get them on the phone. I just need to reduce my bills.

I'll keep trying to get through. In the middle of the day, I work, so it is hard to sit on hold and redial constantly.

My web girl could have a form online for them in a few minutes, or they could just put a .doc file online that we could download, fill out, and email back to them. How hard is that?

If they needed more info for the port, THEN they could call us back. If not, they could just get the job done...
#1798 by wase4711
Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:24 pm
supposedly, the ability to do the porting online is coming very soon..

their business has exploded since thanksgiving, with the Black Friday deals,and all the buzz they are getting, so I guess we have to just be patient for a month or so while they get the new hires trained and on the phone..

Its easier getting through to them now than it was a week ago, and, i bet a week or two from now this wont be a issue anymore
#1818 by brwilliams
Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:28 pm
I was able to get through within 5 minutes when I called in the middle of the day. I got Erica, she was helpful and immediately emailed me the "Letter of Authority" which you will need to fill out along with a copy of your phone bill.
#1827 by jross
Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:54 pm
I got through, on the 5th attempt. 3 requests for my name and number, not returned. Not a warm fuzzy feeling...

I'm supposed to be receiving an email with the form to fill out, etc. Supposed to get it within 48 hours. (Why so long, it is email for heavens sake!)
#1847 by Rod
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:25 am
brwilliams wrote:I was able to get through within 5 minutes when I called in the middle of the day. I got Erica, she was helpful and immediately emailed me the "Letter of Authority" which you will need to fill out along with a copy of your phone bill.

Lucky you! I got through yesterday afternoon after waiting about 15 minutes on hold to port my number.

I have not yet received the LOA email from Ooma. I believe I read on another thread that it is taking longer than 1 day to get the email from Ooma. Is that true? What is the current backlog?

Thanks,
Rod
#1851 by Zheeeem
Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:11 am
Rod wrote:I believe I read on another thread that it is taking longer than 1 day to get the email from Ooma. Is that true? What is the current backlog?

I got a reply yesterday (January 8) to an e-mail I sent on December 30. Truth.

I think the best way to get through is to start a new thread here, somewhat prominently, explaining the problem and asking Bobby to have someone call you. It worked for me, and fairly quickly.

I reckon new sales have simply swamped customer support.