Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#32597 by dkline
Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:58 am
I have had my Hub/Scout for a few weeks now and all of a sudden my scout shows bottom row of buttons red and tab is red. My setup is no landline, house disconnected from telephone company at box. Phone cord from hub to wall and back from wall to Scout. I have power cycled scout to no avail. I tried this morning moving the scout into the room where hub is and cabling directly from wall out on hub to wall in on scout and same symptoms. I think it is a hardware issue at this point, but wanted to post for feedback.
#32600 by hpepper
Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:07 am
Have you tried restarting the Hub (not just the Scout)? If you haven't tried that, restart the Hub and test again with the Scout connected directly. Also, make sure you try one additional cable/wire between the Hub and Scout to make sure the cable/wire isn't bad.

If all of that fails, you could try a factory reset on the Hub by turning off the Hub, and plug it back in while holding the Ooma tab down for 30 seconds while it starts up. THEN, connect the Hub and Scout one more time directly with a cable/wire between the two. If after all that, it still doesn't work, I would say it is a hardware problem.
#32723 by dkline
Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:51 pm
Now I don't know what the problem was because I took both of your suggestions. I pressed all the buttons and rocked them while I had the scout disconnected waiting for the hub to reboot.

Whichever it was, I thank you both for the quick answers. My issue is fixed.